F2-8800CL5D-4BBPI won't boot on Asus Maximus II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8800CL5D-4BBPI won't boot on Asus Maximus II

Is the F2-8800CL5D-4BBPI even compatible with the Asus Maximus II. It appeared to be compatible with P45 motherboards on the G.Skill site.

I can't even get my pc to boot.

I have the latest BIOS installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is the 4th type of RAM that I either can't boot or get to run at 1066 in the Maximus II.

I appreciate any help!

Try starting with 1 stick in slot 1, blue one closest to CPU, go into BIOS,l manually set speed 1100 , timings to stock 5-5-5-15, voltage 1.9, command rate to 2T. Boot.

If it works, then shutdown and add the second stick in slot 3 (other blue one and boot again. Then let me know.

ASUS boards can be very, very picky with RAM, especially sticks with 'odd' speeds, by that I mean non-JEDEC standard speeds, at times you can sort of trick the mobo, by only feeding it one stick at a time, but sometimes you have to, the early Strikers were the same way.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

we assumed what you mean is "Maximus II Formula," right?

did you mean you can't boot even after cleaning CMOS or just after setting to run at DDR2 1100?
      if you can't boot even after cleaning CMOS, please send back to us for RMA, we'll replace you with a new kit
      if you just can't boot after setting to run at DDR2 1100, please tell us how you set your CPU FSB first
      because it needs to run FSB at 275/330/440/550 to reach DDR2 1100
      and please try to increase FSB Voltage to 1.4v to run DDR2 1100
      thanks

G.S

Comment

I do have the Maximus II Formula.

It will boot after cleaning CMOS, but it won't boot when trying to increase any of the memory settings.

I also recently purchased F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, and I couldn't get it to run at DDR2 1066 in this mobo either. I set the voltage to 2.1v for this memory.

I have already RMA'd this board with the vendor once.

I have searched and searched in the CMOS, but I can't find the command rate setting. I am not sure if it is set to 1T or 2T.

Any other suggestions in getting the memory to work above DDR2 800?

Comment

Could you post screen shots of your BIOS pages?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Gskill,

Why would these have to run at such odd FSB settings in a P45 mobo. I couldn't find any info such as this on your web page or anywhere else.

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by sutnut View Post
              I do have the Maximus II Formula.

It will boot after cleaning CMOS, but it won't boot when trying to increase any of the memory settings.

I also recently purchased F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, and I couldn't get it to run at DDR2 1066 in this mobo either. I set the voltage to 2.1v for this memory.

I have already RMA'd this board with the vendor once.

I have searched and searched in the CMOS, but I can't find the command rate setting. I am not sure if it is set to 1T or 2T.

Any other suggestions in getting the memory to work above DDR2 800?

did you increase NB or FSB voltage o 1.4v yet?
              and please try to set the tRFC to above 80 to see if it works
              if it still can't work, we'll reflect this issue to asus to test
              thanks

G.S

Comment

I increased the FSB to 1.4v, and I set the tRFC to 105. The mobo would still not reboot when set to DDR2 1066.

I would have bought a cheaper mobo that is only capable of DDR2 800, if I knew that it was going to be this challenging. I've read other complaints online about people experiencing the same problems with memory for this board.

I greatly appreciate all of your help. I don't think that I could have asked for better support or a quicker response time.

Have any other customers had similar issues with this same board and G.Skill memory? Were they able to get their G.Skill memory running at 1066 or 1100 in the Maximus II Formula?

Comment

Might try relaxing the timings to 6-6-6-18,

I'd say more like 54-56 for tRFC on clock.

iIf it doesn't work might consider RMA or possibility of exchange to something on the ASUS QVL, many of the higher end ASUS boards, such as yours, are picky about odd speed RAM

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by sutnut View Post
                    I increased the FSB to 1.4v, and I set the tRFC to 105. The mobo would still not reboot when set to DDR2 1066.

I would have bought a cheaper mobo that is only capable of DDR2 800, if I knew that it was going to be this challenging. I've read other complaints online about people experiencing the same problems with memory for this board.

I greatly appreciate all of your help. I don't think that I could have asked for better support or a quicker response time.

Have any other customers had similar issues with this same board and G.Skill memory? Were they able to get their G.Skill memory running at 1066 or 1100 in the Maximus II Formula?
                    once we get result from ASUS, we'll post it here at the same time
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

"I have searched and searched in the CMOS, but I can't find the command rate setting. I am not sure if it is set to 1T or 2T."

Any other suggestions in getting the memory to work above DDR2 800? Command rate is in extreme tweaker, under Configure System Performance Settings, listed as
                      DRAM Command Rate.

Command Rate is under Extreme Tweaker, Configure System Performance Settings, called DRAM Command Rate, they list it at 1N or 2N.
                      If you set DRAM Timing Control to Manual, you can adjust all timings
                      Last edited by Tradesman; 05-10-2009, 08:05 PM.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X