F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK Problem

I cant get prime95 to pass the blend test with the voltage at 2.1. At 2.2, it passes fine. Should i rma this ram or should it be ok to run it at 2.2?

R U running 4 or 8GB total? Any OCing on FSB/CPU? What CPU, mobo? You might be able to just add a bit to the NB or VTT to stabilize. 2.2 should fall into the tolerance level for the sticks, but I'd want the additional info first and to try to keep it to 2.1 if possible.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

im running 4 gigs, all stock speeds, no oc. its a kuma 7750 cpu. i tried upping the nb from 1.3 to 1.4, prime95 still still failed at 1 hour, 54 minutes. at 2.2 on the memory, it just went 11 hours, no errors.

Comment

jeeze 11 hours!! I only test untill it reaches max temp and then for about an hour. I used a Kill-a-Watt electric meter on my 7750 amd790x mobo and it draws 450 watt on prime 95. That 11 hour run cost a few bucks on your electric.

Comment

Be nice if gskill would pass judgement, but 2.2 should fall in the tolerance levels and shouldn't damage anything or you could RMA. One of the sticks might be right on the edge of OK at 2.1.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Im waiting on GSKILL to comment.....

Comment

Hopefully they will soon, but as I said I don't think it will damage it

Tman

Comment

still waiting.......

Comment

G.M.
                  Now you may see why I try and help out here, good luck, Hope they get to you soon

Tman

Comment

it shows GSKILL logged on today. not sure why hes overlooking this post

Comment

im just gonna buy some corsair dominators and RMA this ram. no response is unacceptable. ill never buy gskill again. thanks for your help trader.

Comment

Not sure where you got it, but if it was the Egg, might look at the OCZ Reaper, had good luck with OCZ forever....and the Reapers have a $30 rebate.

Good Luck

Tman

Comment

if you run with 4 sticks, it may be necessary to add the memory voltage to 2.2v
                          but we can't be sure if your 2 pairs could run together without problem
                          please try to test with only one pair first
                          thanks

G.S

Comment

To Gskill,

He stated he's only running 4GB earlier (F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK), which is a single pair. Helps to read the postings, before making comments.

Tman

Comment

thanks Tradesman
                              I just mis-looked 4 giga as 4 sticks
                              we recently test several amd 790x motherboards with 7750, but we don't find such issues
                              Since it was already RMAed, we'll try to test them again
                              thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                              X