• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM2+ & 2x F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ

model of the motherboard: ASUS M3A78-T Bios 0802
    model of the memory: 2 kits of F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ
    model of the CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 940BE

what is the problem: No post at 1066 speeds (working fine at 800 speeds). I'm aware of the limitation by AM2+ cpu's but have seen many others even working fine at 4 sticks running at 1066. I have tested each kit (2x2GB) to be running ok at 1066 speeds with windows memory tester.

Are there any known tips to get all 4 sticks running up at 1066 speeds? I'm running everything at stock except MSI GTX260 which is factory OC.

Rest of System:
    MSI GTX260 OC
    64GB G.Skill SSD
    2x 320GB Seagate 7200.10 in Raid 0
    120GB Western Digital SE IDE
    Sony DVD +/-RW
    500W Xclio & 250W Thermaltake Purepower Express
    Centurion 5 case

Thanks!

Well, DDR2 1066 4x2GB... this setup just doesn't work with any AMD system
    it is because AMD CPU memory controller gets too stress / overload. there is almost no way to sovle this issue.
    change CPU doesn't help either...
    i will suggest you run it at DDR2 800 with 4 modules or 1066 2 modules.....

we tested many many time...but.. it is something that we are not able to fix

Comment

On the old ddr memory you could run 4 sticks at full speed if your had. 2 sticks of double sided memory and 2 sticks of single sided memory.

2 Sticks with memory chips on both sides of the sticks + 2 different sticks rated at the same speed and timings with chips only on one side of the memory..
      Not sure if this applies to DDR2 memory also.

I would take some extensive research to find something that would work.

Comment

Ok, I tried everything to get it to run at 1066 to no avail.

I figured It would be ok then just to run them at 800mhz speeds, Now running stock CPU speeds still and stock voltage on cpu, and auto everything for memory. Running 4x2GB @ 800mhz speeds I still have issues. Just running Prime 95 for 4 minutes will cause core 0 and core 3 to error out and stop on those cores. I tried to bump CPU voltage a touch over stock (1.35v) and still errors out.

I've gone back to 2x2GB @ 800mhz and ran about 30 minutes of Prime 95 without issues, I'm now testing 2x2GB @ 1066mhz and haven't ran into any issues so far.

So where do I head from here? Defective Motherboard/CPU/RAM???

Comment

Make sure you use the 2T Command Timing. Try changing that from auto to 2t. Matter of fact I would manualy set all timings from auto and set to ddr1066 timings, then back down to 800 and see if that is stable. It may try and run 1t on auto at ddr800.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggeyman39 View Post
            Make sure you use the 2T Command Timing. Try changing that from auto to 2t. Matter of fact I would manualy set all timings from auto and set to ddr1066 timings, then back down to 800 and see if that is stable. It may try and run 1t on auto at ddr800.
            I did try 1066 specifying 6-6-6-18 @ 2.0 2t enabled while using 4xGB, I get no posts, I also tried loosening up the timings to 7-7-720 and still no post, It just won't do 1066.

Now I did figure out my 800mhz 4x2GB issues, Instead of using Auto for voltage/timings/speed I had to manually set them up at 1.8v/5-5-5-15/manual 800MHz and have run about 16hrs of Prime95 stable, and 6 extended passes of Microsoft memory diagnostics without errors.

On top of that I found the memory ran pretty dang hot when touching the heatspreaders, I added a fan to help cool them suckers down!!

At the end of this, I think I just got a dud motherboard

Comment

Have you tried at 1033?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Others have got this work with these settings. CAS5, TRCD 6, TRP 6, TRAS 24, TRC 30 and (TRFC 195us for all 4 modules) 2.1V

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                  Have you tried at 1033?
                  For my M3A78-T bios, settings for manual are 400, 667,800,1066, there is not a way to set it up at 1000/1033, that would be very nice though!

@ Shaggeyman39

I just tried all those settings (with exception of CAS6 since its supposed to work at 6), no post

Comment

Some BIOSs will let you disable dual channel mode...another possibility would be to try and replace one of your sticks with a different brand (preferably different base timings) in one of the lead slots, either 1 or 3, this can also disable dual channel mode.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X