Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant be my luck

Original thread here.

I just received my replacement modules... and I'm wondering, could my luck be THAT bad? Or is it something else?

I RMAed the initial kit because it wouldn't do DDR2-900 as it should. I payed for DD2-900, so I shouldn't settle for anything else.

So, no, they wont even work... DDR2-900 will get over 10k errors in memtest in less than two minutes. It's safe to say that, yet again, I got a defective product...

It costs me around $20 to RMA every time, and almost a full month to receive the replacement. It's not even funny anymore... I'm getting the feeling that that I will have a $50 paper weight. Two actually. Unless I can get a solution that will work for me, I have nothing else to do but to thank G.Skill for trying to keep decent products in the market.... but failing.

Any ideas? Is there perhaps incompatibility issues with the P5Q-E? It's unlikely, since I got a friend that has the same board and the DDR2-800 version of it... and he's running it at 1000MHz with ease...

Could be bad luck, could be bad RAM, could....

Problem may just be a compatibility problem between your ASUS mobo and trying to use 900 RAM. ASUS lines up their specs to JEDEC RAM standards i.e. 533, 667, 800, 1066, your 900 and 1100, among others are sort of oddballs and have problems with numerous mobos. Since GSkill suggested RMAing the RAM, they probably saw no problem with the 900 and your mobo, so you might contact them direct and see if maybe they'd exchange it for something that meets JEDEC standards at either 800 or preferably 1066. Also, I'd look to them to pay shipping since this is the 2nd try ....and again...THEY didn't see where there is a problem. Otherwise, like you mentioned you could be shipping back and forth forever.

Good Luck

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Oops..
      Almost forgot - you can email them direct at ustech@gskill.com or rma@gskill.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for the inpu.
        ive never encountered a manufacturer that will pay for shipping for their RMA, but you never know. I still consider G.Skill to have great customer service.
        I'm going to keep the RAM for around two weeks... I have new hardware coming, so I'll try it wih that.

Comment

what setting do you use? i will take a look at it

Comment

unfortunately i just changed hardware, sold the P5Q-E I used. new hardware should be here next week. Ill give it a try then, maybe it will work.
            BTW, any guide/threads about settings/compatibility with a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UDH around here?

Comment

Originally posted by axy1985 View Post
              unfortunately i just changed hardware, sold the P5Q-E I used. new hardware should be here next week. Ill give it a try then, maybe it will work.
              BTW, any guide/threads about settings/compatibility with a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UDH around here?
              sorry, we don't have this board in hands
              if you want the setting guide, we could ask gigabyte to assist us
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
              X