Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK in P5E-VM

Hi,

I bought the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK to go with an OC'ed Asus P5E-VM motherboard... but when I put the FSB at 320 and set DRAM to 1066MHz, the computer cannot post. It will only POST if RAM is set to ~1000MHz or lower

I was told in another forum that it's because the Trfc for the board is too tight (only choices are 20, 25, 30, 35, 42)... so the ram can't run stable at the stock settings.

Are there any solutions to this?

Thanks!

we only had P5E-VM DO in hand, it shouldn't have much difference with yours
    and we tested this combination with latest bios and found no such issue
    would you like to try to run DDR2 1066 with FSB 266 and remember to increse the memory voltage to 2.1v and update to the latest bios?
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Hmm... I updated to the latest bios (0604 for P5E-VM HDMI... my original one was 0504), and tried FSB 266, and the system posts at DDR2-1066

However, when I try FSB320 and DDR2-1066, it would not post. Posting at FSB320 with lower RAM settings works fine

I've set the RAM at 2.1V the whole time, so that shouldn't be a problem...

Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks

Comment

running with FSB 320/DDR2 1066, you'll need to increase the FSB voltage
        but as we know, 1.3v should be the maximum
        it might be not enough for it
        you could still try it
        thanks

G.S

Comment

What do you mean by 1.3V being the maximum for FSB voltage? (sorry I haven't played around with FSB voltages a lot)

I tried that (even went up to 1.34V), and tried upping NB voltages too... but nothing will post when the RAM is running at 1066

Do you have any idea why this might be the case?

Comment

on our P5E-VM DO, there are only 3 options to choose
            except for auto, there are only 1.2 and 1.3v
            so, is it stable when running at FSB 266/DDR2 1066?

G.S

Comment

In the P5E-VM HDMI (much better overclocker), the FSB voltage ranges from 1.20 to 1.50V in 0.02V increments... but I'm not really sure what to set it at, so I left it on auto all this time.

I haven't done any testing on FSB 266 /DDR2-1066 yet, but I will run orthos on those settings tonight (with my E5200 running at a voltage that was able to keep higher OC's stable), and see if they are stable. I can also run memtest86 tomorrow if that's a better way to test it.

Thanks!

Comment

try to set FSB to 1.4-1.5v if it still can't work at DDR2 1066

G.S

Comment

FSB Voltage at 1.40V or 1.50V will not post at FSB320/DDR1066...

Relaxing timings to 6-6-6-15 (most bios will let me) doesn't help.

Comment

we went to asus website and found this board only officially supports to DDR2 800, not DDR2 1066
                    so for overclocking motherboard, we couldn't be sure it could run with DDR2 1066
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

You might try contacting ASUS (Good Luck) and see if they anticipate a BIOS update that will add support for 1066, otherwise you could possibly run stable at 1000 or 900

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X