F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK / Kuma 7750BE / Asus M3A78-CM Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK / Kuma 7750BE / Asus M3A78-CM Issues

Bought the following combination for my primary build?.. F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK / Kuma 7750 BE / Asus M3A78-CM. With the three together no matter what I do there is no boot/start/run/whatever.

However the following will work:

1. The PC2-8500 / Brisbane 4000+ / -CM will boot and run.
    2. F2-6400PHU2-2GBHK / 7750BE / -CM and not only boots but I?ve managed to overclock the 7750BE to 3.187GHz stable with the 6400 memory set to 2.1V 677-4-4-4-12-2T.
    3. The PC2-8500 / Opty 1210 / Abit nf-m2 nView motherboard combination overclocks very well. The memory has allowed me to run a stable 3.1+GHz.

Also the memory has run several passes of memtest without errors.

SO does this mean that the memory and processor are not compatible??
    Last edited by jedihobbit; 03-12-2009, 12:17 PM. Reason: Change title

it's not our memory compatible problem...
    please make sure your bios is newer than 1003 version
    we checked ASUS website and found Athlon X2 7550+ is only supported after bios 1003 version
    so please update your bios first
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Running the correct bios (1003) as that was the first thing I did. Couldn't get the Kuma to boot with anything until then.

Comment

Could the combination run with all default setting?

G.S

Comment

My first attempt was at default for the system (cleared bios) then when I finally had it up and running with the PC2-6400 tried setting voltages, timings, you name it. It just wouldn't even come up. I even rma'ed the original cpu but had the same problems with the new 7750BE.

So as not to reinvent the wheel and to save y'all some room, here are two links generated at pcper that has what went on..... M3A78-CM or 7750BE?. &
          7750BE or M3A78-CM.....

Comment

While g. skill is my preferred brand these will not run, however I currently have a set of Twin2X2048-8500C5DF running and overclocking well. So what are my g. skill options?

Comment

we've checked this issue and found it may be caused by one bit in SPD
              you could RMA with us and we'll reflash a new spd for you
              or you could reflash it yourself if you are sure you could handle it
              if you want the spd file, please send me a pm
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks, it just so happens they are enroute as an RMA.....hope they know what to look for!

Comment

Originally posted by jedihobbit View Post
                  Thanks, it just so happens they are enroute as an RMA.....hope they know what to look for!
                  so, did you RMA to your reseller or directly to us?

G.S

Comment

It is coming back to you.

Comment

Man that was a quick turn around!! Dropped it in and it is cruising along with the Kuma at 3.2GHz.....thanks g. skill for great service and product!!

Comment

Working...
                      X