F2-9600cl6d-4gbrh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-9600cl6d-4gbrh

I'm using DDR2 Ripjaw 1200 at recommended timings and voltage(actually volts are at 2.01 because my mobo only sets to odd numbers). I'm on an ASUS P5N-D with E8400 @ 3.6mhz. So far it's performed admirably and I've managed to set my FSB to 1600mhz with Linked ram at a 3:2 ratio giving me 1067mhz. Setting the memory to 5:4 would give me 1280mhz, but no matter how much I increase my NB, I can't even get a post. I also tried setting the ratio to Unlinked and just putting the ram at 1200, but i can't get a post with that either. HT and SB are on [Auto], as are all the advanced ram timings. Any suggestions on how I could squeeze a little more juice out of these babies without turning down my multiplier or frying my NB chipset? thanks!

Could try leaving it unlinked and just edging the sticks up maybe in increments of 5 or 10 to see what the max they will run at is, wouldn't expect a whole lot

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Post some pictures of BIOS and we can see if any setting is holding you back.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
        ram timings

multi and other features

fsb and ram speed

volts

tradesman, on the newegg page for this part there were several manufacturer responses saying that it should be easy to come close to 1200mhz with the correct settings. also, just setting the mode to unlinked changes the ram timing. it will list something like:

MEM (DDR), MHz: 1067
        ...Actual MEM (DDR), MHz: 1050

and will then fail to post. i have yet to find any unlinked setting that will post or boot.

Comment

so much for g.skill's supposed top notch support. i'll be sure to write a review for this saying "Gskill forum offered little to no hope despite several posts." Thanks for your (lack of) help.

Comment

Sorry I missed it, please bump it in the future so it goes to the top. It is very difficult to keep track.

FSB Memory Clock Mode - Unlinked
            FSB (QDR) - 1500
            MEM (DDR) - 1200

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you try one module at a time?

Have you tried lower settings like DDR2-800?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

yes i do have the latest bios.

and yes i've used it at 800Mhz, though i dont know why you're asking. like i said, it's working fine at 1066 but i wanted to get it up to the 1200Mhz that Gskill has claimed on the newegg page that it's so easy to do.

also, would that setting you're reccommending being the same as setting it to fsb: 1500 linked at 5:4? regardless, i'll try it now.

Comment

Not sure what to tell you, seemed good to get it up where you did on your mobo, the P5N-D came out rated to 800 DRAM, though like a number of the SLI mobos BIOS upgrades tended to push the upper limit to 1066. What you might try is unlinked and tighten the timings at 1066 or a bit lower. Alot of the socket 775, especially SLI boards just have a lot of problems hitting 1200

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

couldnt get it to boot with the last set of recommended numbers. what is the best way to tighten the timings? just trial and error one at a time? then memtest in between boots? one stick at a time or both?

Comment

I'd start by seeing if you can just tighten the CL which is the first timing and the hardest to tighten or start with the rest i.e. instead of say 5-5-5-15 might try (the CL) 4-5-5-15 or in the mid ranges 5-4-4-15 then 5-4-4-12 , it's all pretty much trial and error................and to be honest generally not worth the time unless your going to shoot for Benchmark scores, run suicide shots etc

Tman

Comment

I see, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X