2GBx2 PI Black - Asus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2GBx2 PI Black - Asus

I just received the PI Black 4GB 2GBx2. I am using the Asus p5n32e-SLI and I can not run this RAM in dual channel mode. I have updated my BIOS and have tried manually putting in the recommended settings. 4-4-4-12. 1.85v. Whenever I put the RAM in the slots to achieve dual channel the system will crash while trying to boot into windows. I can see a blue screen sometimes for a split second, other times it quickly tries to reboot the computer. I tried loosening the timings, and slowing down the RAM, and it booted into windows once, but then instantly froze. If I put the Ram in the slots to achieve single channel, the system will boot and run fine. This motherboard has always seemed extremely picky in running in dual channel mode, and honestly I have never got it to work. I have always used single channel.

Please help in providing any tips on getting this to work. Thank you.

P5N32E-SLI
    PI Black 2GBx2 DDR2 800 PC2 6400
    E6750 Intel core2duo

Thank you.

if it can't run in dual channel with other memories either, it would be possible to be motherboard problem
    you may need to contact with asus to check with the dual channel problem
    thanks

G.S

Comment

More than likely they will say the RAM is not compatible on their website, when it says it is on theirs. I am not sure what to do, as it is long past the RMA for the motherboard.

Comment

or you could try to install them in different slots to see if it's motherboard problem
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Yes, I have tried the other channel to see if it works. Still the same results. I was hoping since this motherboard worked for you guys, maybe there had to be something additional you all did besides set the timings.

Comment

I dropped the LDT Frequency to 4x and the clock to 667. It booted into windows but as soon as I loaded a game it froze up. Maybe somewhere one of my voltages are not manually set when they should be?

Comment

we've tried adding voltage to northbridge to get better compatibility, but it doesn't work
              as we know, the memory management of this chipset is too picky to memory
              you may try to update to the latest bios or change to another motherboard
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Ok, thanks. That is what I was narrowing it down to as well.

Comment

Working...
                X