Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x2GB Dual channel problem

Hi!
    First of all I'd like to thank Forum Support for helping me set up the account since I was having problems with it. Thanks!
    I just got my new F2-7200CL4D-4GBPI-B kit today, and I'm having serious problems.
    At first, I just popped them in, went into BIOS to change some things like frequency, timings and voltage, popped in my trusty memtest86+ CD, and started testing. Not a lot of fun when after 5 seconds of the test I already had around 3k errors.
    Pulled one module out of the system, and retested with only one of them. Didn't test it for that long, but it gave absolutely no errors. At this point I had already figured that the module I pulled was defective, but to make sure, I tested it on its own as well. Again, didn't test it for long, but showed no errors at all either.

I'm aware that there are certain timings and things that change/need to be changed for 2GBx2 modules and up, but I'm not certain, maybe I'm missing something. It's my first RAM kit of over 2GB, so I've never known their exact "special" settings.

System:
    E7200
    ASUS P5Q-E 1703m BIOS
    This G.SKill RAM kit. Testing at rated speeds/timings of 4-4-4-12 DDR2-900 @ 2.1V.

Interesting as it seems... it seems to be working perfectly at DDR2-800. Didn't buy the DDR2-800 for a reason tho. I'm just guessing that my DDR2-900 rated sticks simply won't run at dual channel at DDR2-900.

as i stated in XS, please RMA it

Comment

Thanks for the help! I'll beginning the RMA process the moment I have free time.
      Still think G.Skill RAM is awesome, I just happened to get a lemon...

Comment

Working...
      X