Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK crashes at 1066

Hi,

I am having trouble getting my computer to be stable with F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK at 1066; specifically, I receive blue screens and hardlocks on a regular basis with 1066 but never at 800.

My hardware:
    Antec 850W PSU
    Asus P5Q Pro motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor
    G.Skill 4GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

I have tested the memory with Memtest86+, each stick individually for 8 hours and both sticks together for 8 hours, and received no errors. I have also run Prime95(Blended) for 12 hours with a single error once.

I have tried updating the BIOS, tried DRAM voltages of 2.0-2.1, and have tried upping the NB voltage to 1.28, 1.3, and 1.4. I have also tried manually setting the timings.

The memory is entirely stable at 800, but unstable at 1066.

What settings do I need to change in order to get this memory stable?

Thanks,
    Erik
    Last edited by Smegs; 01-07-2009, 10:44 PM.

so there is no error whilethey are running in dual channel?
    when did your machine usually have BSOD?
    we are not sure about the situation of your instability
    thanks

G.S

Comment

When I run the memory at an 800 speed, in dual channel mode, it does not crash.

When I run the memory at a 1066 speed, in dual channel mode, it gives me blue screens when doing anything from playing games, to browsing the internet, to just sitting there idle. Often, it will simply hard lock without any error messages. The BSOD's are never consistent and are usually related to whatever I was doing when the crash occurred.

If I set the memory down to 800, there are absolutely no crashes.

I do have the memory installed in the slot configuration specified for this memory in the motherboard's manual.

I have a limited window now to RMA the product to the retailer, so please tell me if you think this can be resolved soon (with some BIOS configuration changes).

Comment

please try to add FSB voltage to 1.4v
        if there is still problem, please send back to us for RMA or replace it with your local retailer
        thanks

G.S

Comment

I now have the new memory and have been running with all settings at Auto without any problems for about 6 hours, which is longer than I was able to go with the previous pair.

Comment

if you run with all setting auto, it would only run at DDR2 800, not 1066
            you still have to set the DRAM frequency to DDR2 1066 manually in BIOS
            thanks

G.S

Comment

Sorry that I wasn't specific; I manually set the speed to 1066 and voltages at auto, and the system is stable.

Comment

it's fine to hear that
                thanks

G.S

Comment

Sorry for the thread Necromancy, but this is the most relative post i could find in my search.

Hello,

Model of the motherboard: Asus P5Q-Pro (bios 1643)
                  Model of the memory: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
                  Model of the CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz

Basically, I have had a single set of the 8500CL5D-4GBPK, which have run wonderfully. I have run them with my FSB pushed to 400mhz (3.43ghz) and the Gskill at 1066, 5-5-5-15 using 2.21 voltage. Love it!

But now, I add another set of the same. I can boot, but it will corrupt and crash at some point. If I run memtest86+, I get errors. I even tried pushing the DRAM voltage to 2.4 for stability but errored as well. It will run with out errors at 800mhz. I can run them, for awhile, at 4-4-4-12 at 800mhz. This leads me to believe that memory sticks are not faulty, but a setting is.

This looks interesting, but I would not want to take settings that are not for my CPU:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...highlight=asus

This recommends increased FSB voltage for a similar situation:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...highlight=asus

Comment

since we always test our memory 2 dimms in pairs, we only guarantee it could reach our rated spec with 2 dimms in dual channel
                    running with 4 stick would bring much heavy loading to memory controller, so you may need to increase the FSB voltage to 1.4-1.5v to improve the stability
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks for the good data.

Ok, so I should try with 1.5 (tried 1.4 already), and if that doesn't work, either clock down to 800 and tighten the timings or expand the timings correct? I definitely want to use the RAM, so which would be the best work around?

Comment

DDR2-800 with tCL 4 - tRCD 4 - tRP 4 - tRAS 12 timings would probably be the fastest.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Yep, runs nice and stable at those timings. I tried 1066 at 6-6-6-18, and while it was more stable, still couldn't get a complete pass of memTest. 444-12 runs great at 800mhz, thanks for all your help. [Resolved]!

Comment

Working...
                          X