Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POST error after returning from "Sleep" ... F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Hello,

I have owned two sets of F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (DDR2 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15 2x2GB) for about 2 years now and I love it (minus the cyan-colored heatsinks, but my case has no window so it's no big deal).

My issue is that when I put the computer into Sleep mode, sometimes it does not come back. I then have to hard-restart the computer and I am greeted by a POST beep code: 1 long, 3 short ... "Conventional/Extended memory failure". I ran Memtest for several passes on each stick of memory and all of the sticks passed.

Is it the sign of a failing memory stick or something else entirely? I also noticed that it began happening after I realized 2 months ago that I had the memory set at 800Mhz and decided to set it to 1066Mhz with 5-5-5-15 like it should be.

The system runs perfectly stable under all conditions except sometimes not returning properly from sleep as described above. Any ideas?

edit:
    One more thing! While I was testing the memory, one stick did not POST...at first. I set it aside and tested the rest, then I put it back in to verify that the stick could be defective and...it worked properly and passed 3 Memtest passes? Strange... And the system is still working fine with all 4 sticks installed.
    Last edited by cyberia213642; 11-20-2010, 09:53 PM.

Might want to run another pass or two on the suspect stick. Might also check that you have the latest BIOS. Also check your power configuration settings. Some mobos have problems getting juice to the RAM and reactivating after sleep mode, one possible would be add a bit of juice to the DRAM (i.e. .02-.04) for a bit of extra jolt when coming out of sleep mode.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If you can post some pictures of BIOS, we can see if anything is set incorrectly.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X