My specs: GA-P45-DS3 Motherboard
    E6700
    3 x 1Gb PQ DDR2 800
    ATI X1950 Pro 512Mb
    2 x 250Gb Seagate HDD
    Avermedia 777 tuner
    Logiteck cordless Desktop
    Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit

I purchased a 2 x 2Gb F2-6400CL5D-4GBPI DDR2 800 PC2-6400 2Gbx2 SPD-800 CL5-5-5-15 1.9v.

I installed them, but the PC keeps rebooting after the Memory check, It says that the Memory is O.K. but wont post any further.

I cannot even get into the BIOS as it reboots before my Logitech is picked up, so i cannot press the delete key to enter the BIOS.

I reinstalled my old 3 x 1Gb PQ ram, entered the BIOS and set the DRAM Voltage to 1.9v manually. i also manually set the timmings to 5 - 5 - 5 - 15. I reinstalled the 2 x 2Gb kit and rebooted, The same thing happened...said O.K. on the Memory check and started rebooting constantley. I tried using just one of the 2Gb Modules in different (all) the Memory slots, but it was the same.

I thought that i would simply remove my old RAM and Install the New RAM, But that did not happen

Any help in rectifiying this would be greatley appreciated.

Thank you
    John

Has anyone any ideas as to what is wrong with my RAM ??. As i dont want to RMA them if theres nothing wrong with them, (just me not knowing what i'm doing.) I thought that all i had to do was replace my old DDR2 800 with the matched kit one,

I have tried each module on its own, but still no luck.

cheers

Comment

would you like to update to the latest bios?
      we tested this combination and it works fine without this issue
      and please set performance Enhance to Standard, instead of Turbo
      thanks

G.S

Comment

My BIOS is F9, i think thats the latest one for my Board.

cheers

Comment

and did you try to set Performance Enhance to Standard?
          if so and the problem still can't be solved, please send back to us for RMA
          thanks

G.S

Comment

Hello!

I'am new here i just got my RAM (F2-6400CL5-2BGSQ) for my XPS M1730.
            i got a few question 1st , my ram is came from ebay am i still covered by warranty if anything goes wrong?

2nd , My lappy got PM965 chipset how can i use the full speed of the 800Mhz ram if is possible at all...
            At the moment i have the latest BIOS for M1730 wich is A10 just been released by dell.
            speed is 331.7 Mhz, FSB: DRAM 3:5, CAS#: 5.0 , RAS# to CAS# : 5 , RAS# : 5 Cycle Time is 13 for now i used CPU-Z to determine the speeds

Thanks.
            Last edited by AssimilatorX; 01-22-2009, 12:09 PM. Reason: unwanted smile :D

Comment

yes it still cover under our warranty. not all the PM965 supports DDR2 800. speed is control by bios. Dell can change to any speed they want. according to Dell, they made it to run 667 not 800

Comment

Working...
              X