G.Skill F2-8800 Pi Series CL5 4GB Kit & GA-EP45-UD3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F2-8800 Pi Series CL5 4GB Kit & GA-EP45-UD3R

Well it seems that I'm only running these at 533mhz where I should be getting 1100mhz. These are my sticks http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/G...8800CL5D-4GBPI and here are the specs on my sticks

not sure if you can tell anything from this, but all my settings are on default.

Also, I have Intel Q9400 CPU @2.66ghz, Bios is F12, Win7 32bit, and nothing is overclocked
    Last edited by headshot33; 02-25-2010, 06:05 AM.

The way I understand it is that if you are running at 533mhz, that is per stick. You are running a combined total of 1066mhz with both sticks running. Please don't quote me on this as I am still pretty new to this stuff.

I just bought the exact same memory last week. I have yet been able to get these to run anywhere near the advertised specs. I am running a new Asus M4N82 Deluxe motherboard (1201 BIOS), with an AMD Phenom II x4 965 processor, and Windows 7 x64.

I've tried setting RAM frequency to 1066 in the BIOS but my system won't boot , and all I can do is reboot back to BIOS. I get the message "Overclock Failed".

Now I am trying to achieve the 1100mhz specs by overclocking my FSB. I'm not even sure if this it the right course of action, but it is increasing my DRAM Frequency. So far I have been able to get DRAM to 428.6mhz per stick (857.2mhz combined (both sticks running) ).

The thing that I'm confused about is the model number change. Check out your specs again on Speccy. We bought model number "F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI" but on Speccy it shows "F2-8800CL5-2GBPI". I'm having the same issue with my GSkill memory. I've tested with multiple programs (CPU-Z, Everest, SIW) all with the same results.

Another thing I'm confused about is that the MAX Bandwidth says PC2-6400 (400mhz).
    It think it should read PC2-8800 (550mhz) because 550mhz x2 would equal (1100mhz).

I hope someone can shed some light on the subject for us, I'm not entirely sure we got the right mem sticks.

Any input on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I can surely clarify some of the good questions you guys have. =)

headshot33,

For DDR2-1100, you will need to manually overclock it since it is not a standard frequency. Simply raise CPU Host Frequency to 275 from 266. This will give you 1100MHz CPU FSB, allowing you to run a 2:1 DRAM:FSB ratio (optimum). Make sure System Memory multiplier is 4.00A, otherwise the memory frequency may be different. Once that is complete, everything should be fine.

ELEVEN,

533MHz is the real frequency. DDR2-1066 is the effective frequency. DDR technology (doube data rate) is the reason why you get double the real frequency for an overall frequency. Each stick still operates at DDR2-1066 or DDR2-1100.

AMD states one DIMM per slot, but you may be able to tweak your BIOS to get them to operate in the same channel. Raising the HT Voltage can help. Overclocking the NB Frequency may help as well. And both may be necessary to operate DDR2-1100.

The specs show 2GBPI because it is per stick. It is correct.

Max bandwidth is the motherboard standard. Without the XMP/EPP profile it can only read up to DDR2-800 PC2-6400. With the XMP/EPP enabled it can then read above that. That's why in CPU-z it states EPP#1 for 550MHz, while the others simply state 400MHz or 333MHz, etc.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the response, which did bring my Memory from 533.3 to 550mhz. However, my CPU Host Freq. is 333 and changing it to 275 decreases my CPU speeds from 2.66>2.2Mhz. Maybe I'll play around with it later, but how can i keep my CPU at 2.66ghz and still run my ram at 550mhz? As of now my CPU host freq. is 275 and Sys. mem. mult. is 4.00A while everything is still the same.

Comment

Set the RAM and CPU up individually to the speeds you want rather than having them slaved to the DRAM:FSB ratio

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X