Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please - Asus Striker Extreme

Hi all,
    I wonder if somebody can help me. I am currently running a Striker Extreme with 2 Gb Corsair Dominator 1066MHz RAM which has caused me no problems. The RAM can be clocked to 1130MHz stable but I leave it at its 1066MHz rating. Clock speeds are 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v.
    I decided to upgrade to the 4GB G.Skill DDR2 PC2-9600 1200MHz Trident Series (5-5-5-15) Dual Channel Kit (PN:F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD) and the Machine locks on startup. I have the usual Award and memmory and CPU info then nothing... I have tried the Auto setting in Bios and also the manual setting but to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

With the proper memory settings, what type of issues are you encountering? In order to reach DDR2-1200, you may need to overclock your CPU. What CPU are you using? Let me know.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi GSKILL TECH, I am running a QX6700 at standard settings atm (2.66GHz). I have split the FSB & Memory speed in bios and have tried from 800MHz > 1200MHz on the memory to no avail. I have tried auto on timings and also the 5-5-5-15 setup and still not boot joy. One thing I have noticed is that the voltage will only go down to 1.85V in bios..! Could that have an impact? Thanks.

Comment

Set your CPU Host Frequency to 300, and that should overclock your CPU FSB to 1200MHz thus allowing a 2:1 memory ratio which should work much better. Memory Voltage should be fine at 1.90V.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have tried to get the Ram to work. It will run at 800MHz but as soon as enable SLi memory and/or increase the mem bus speed the system still hangs..? Any reason why my corsair RAM is fine and the G.Skill is not? Thanks.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Originally the Striker Extreme came out as 800 DDR2, and believe was upgraded to 1066 via BIOS update, not positive it's rated to 1200 so it may not like the sticks. May have to unlink the sticks and CPU and set up individually.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X