No announcement yet.

Crashes - GA-MA785GM-US2H / F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried raising the HT Voltage to 1.30V and the NB Voltage to 1.20V. No luck. Next I'll try playing with the tRFC settings.

Here are a couple of screen shots showing the current settings:

Comment

mcclja,

I know you said that you thought your PSU was ok, but, if you happen to be able to maybe borrow a larger PSU, it might be worth trying that. It's not just the total power output that matters sometimes, but the amount of current on one rail.

I have a thread on here where my system was crashing (spontaneously rebooting) when I was trying to use a mix of G.Skill and Transcend memory (was stable with all G.Skill), and I got a lot less crashing when I switch PSUs, from an Antec 500 to an Ultra 750. The PSU still didn't totally eliminate the crashing, and I just got some new G.Skill memory to replace the Transcend, but it definitely made a difference, at least in my case...

Jim

Comment

Thanks - certainly something to consider, but here's the power supply I'm using:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139008

My sense is that it should be plenty for my single core Sempron system (no video card or any other add-on cards being used). Unfortunately, I don't have access to a more powerful PSU so switching out would probably be a last resort if no other changes worked.

Comment

Hi,

As I said, I think that, at least in my case, there was one particular rail (voltage) that was problematic, not the overall wattage of the PSU.

Have you tried removing all (or as many) of your peripherals, and see if it's stable?

In my case, I found that my system would do the spontaneous reboot if one older 200GB IDE drive was connected. When I removed the drive from the system, it was much more stable (it'd run for hours or days), whereas with that one 200GB drive connected, it'd reboot after a few minutes.

Jim

Comment

Couple of thoughts, one might be the PSU isn't feeding full voltage to the sticks, might try setting the DRAM voltage to 1.95 (yes, it's safe), the other might be to try the sticks in the other two slots.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions - my bios would only let me bump the voltage up to 1.90 or 2.00 (not 1.95). I only tried 1.9 and didn't have any luck. Is 2.0 safe?

Also tried the other 2 slots. No luck there either.

Not sure if it impacts any of the above, but I still have the HT Voltage at 1.30 and the NB Voltage at 1.20.

Comment

2.0V should be safe. If that doesn't work, go ahead and send the memory in for new replacements.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

2.0V didn't work. I'll start the RMA process. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X