Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B with Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L -unable to wake from sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B with Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L -unable to wake from sleep

My Previous setup:

Intel? Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Q6600 CPU
    GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L Intel P35 Express
    Super Talent 4GB DDR2 PC6400 800Mhz Memory (2x2GB)
    Windows Vista 64-bit SP1

My Current setup:

Intel? Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Q6600 CPU
    GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L Intel P35 Express
    G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B (4x2GB)
    Windows Vista 64-bit SP1

Problem:

With my previous setup I was able to put my PC in sleep mode (ACPI Suspend) S3 (STR) perfectly. It would save to RAM and power down. I could wake it anytime and it would work perfectly.

When I put the new G.SKILL memory, I cannot wake my PC from S3 mode anymore. Whenever I hit sleep, it powers down instantly (without any waiting unlike my previous setup would wait 10 seconds), but when I try to wake it up the CPU powers up (fans running etc.) but there is no display on my LCD. I have to constantly hard restart my PC.

I have posted screenshots of my BIOS setup. If any changes are advisable, please let me know. Currently I cannot wake up my PC properly from sleep mode with my GSKILL memory, but it works perfectly with my older Super Talent memory.

Last edited by Gixxer; 11-25-2008, 12:56 PM.

would you like to try to only install 2 sticks at one time?
    and please add FSB voltage to +0.2v while installing 4 sticks
    thanks

G.S

Comment

I added +0.2v to FSB and had the 4 sticks installed (4x2GB). Again, it has the same problem. When I press sleep, it shuts down instantly in 2 seconds. When I try to wake it up, everything powers up but there is no display on the monitor. Doesn't a normal PC take 10-15 seconds to save all settings and then sleep? In my case it just goes to sleep in 2 seconds instantly. Something is wrong with memory settings maybe?

Comment

please try to install only 2 sticks first
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
          please try to install only 2 sticks first
          thanks

G.S
          Just tried installing only 2 sticks for a total of 4GB, and tried putting my PC on sleep. It did not help, the same problem took place. PC does not wake up properly and does not save properly before sleeping. Is something wrong with RAM settings or my Bios settings?

Comment

we don't have this board in hand, but we'll try to test with Gigabyte P45 motherboard to see check this issue
            Thanks

G.S

Comment

It?s been a week so I was curious if you could reproduce this issue I am still experiencing. Is there anything else I can do or try or is my memory bad?

Comment

we tested on Gigabyte GA-EP45 DS3 with 2 sets of F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B, but didn't find this issue
                after we turn our Vista 64bit to sleep mode, it would take about 5 or 6 seceonds to enter sleep mode
                and it wakes up normally without any issue

for the bios setting, our System Memory Multiplier is set to 4.00C
                the others are the same

thanks

G.S

Comment

I still don't have an answer as to what I should do. Should I just return the 8GB for a refund?

Comment

if you want to get refund, please contact with your original vender
                    we don't do refund directly
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

Just an update, I did exchange the 8GB set for a new set and the same problem is there. Therefore it probably has something to do with the motherboard memory settings or timings. Is there any other advanced timings, settings or voltages I can try to solve this issue?

Comment

have you ever update BIOS?
                        we don't think it's memory issue, 'coz it woks fine except for sleep mode
                        it's more possible to be software or bios issue
                        thanks

G.S

Comment

I confirm this G Skill RAM doesn't support S3 sleep mode on my machine nither, with Kingmax RAM it does! (ASUS P5N73-AM Motherboard)

Comment

for this issue, we don't know how to test it yet since it passed on our side
                            would you like to send back to RMA?
                            thanks

G.S

Comment

No I'm going to keep it, thanks for the info and please keep it up if you find a solution.

Comment

Working...
                              X