Gigabyte P45-UD3R + F2-8500CL5D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P45-UD3R + F2-8500CL5D

I have 4 sticks of F2-8500CL5D (2x 2GB + 2x 1GB) for a total of 6GB.
    I was using the 4 sticks in a GA-P35-DS3P board with E8500 C2D- absolutely no problems.
    Upgraded to GA=P45-UD3R rev. 1.1 and running into problems with the same E8500 and the 4 RAM sticks.
    If I put any two of the sticks in any two of the mb RAM slots of the UD3R - everything works fine.
    However, as soon as I add a third stick, the board does not POST. Get a sequence of short beeps, indicating RAM problems. Same result for 4 sticks.
    Tried all combinations of 2GB & 1GB RAM sticks and mb slots, same result.
    Using F11 BIOS with optimized settings under MIT.
    Is this a RAM or mb issue?

I'd start with the 2GB sticks in 1-3, the 1GB sticks in 2 and 4, enter the base timings and DRAM voltage manually also set command rate at 2T. tRFC needs to be at 68 or a little higher.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tried the parameters you suggested (2GB in 1&3, 1GB in 2&4, base timing 5-5-5-15, increased voltage to 2.0 (from 1.8),command rate 2T, tRFC to 70) - same result as before - board is not POSTing with short beeps.
      What else can I do?

Comment

If all the sticks run fine in the other mobo, you may have an issue with the mobo, have you tried raising the NB Voltage, maybe up it .1 or so?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X