Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8500cl5d 4gb ram problems

Hey guys,

Built a new PC roughly 6 months ago, and have been noticing blue screening and crashes becoming more frequent. I struggled to find out whether it was just Vista (though XP would do it also) or if it was faulty hardware.

Games would become unplayable with constant crashes and blue screens- and after gfx driver installations (or any other kind of system altering install) my windows would break and wouldn't boot at all without bluescreening. I figured I'd test to see if I had faulty ram (possibly explaining the faulty windows/crashes/game problems) - with my nforce 780i m/b forcing the ram to its proper clockspeed (ie 1066) memtest reported a slew of errors - and this was just in the first hour.

I changed the bios back to its default settings (800) and the crashing hasn't really occurred (haven't tried everything but memtest reported no errors at all).

The memtest results make me inclined to believe that I've got faulty ram - I plan on trying to isolate it to one stick, clocking back up to 1066 and seeing if memtest reports errors - but I was just wondering if this is sounding like my RAM is the culprit?

I'm running a Q9450 on a nforce 780i.

Cheers

Anyone have any ideas on this? I'd much rather send off my RAM if it's faulty sooner rather than later.

Could an insufficient voltage be the culprit? If it's been bumped up to 1066 (not default for my 780i m/b) and left at a lower voltage (I didn't actually change the voltage at all) would that cause instabilities?

Comment

to run with DDR2 1066, it at least needs to add to 2.0-2.1v
      so, please add the memory voltage first and try again
      thanks

G.S

Comment

autosport210

i have the same problem

Motherboard;GA-EP45-UD3R
        prosesor;Core? 2 Quad Q9450
        memori;G.SKILL 8GB DDR2 1066
        power supplai; 1000 w
        video card; palit nvidia 8800 gts 1 gb
        windows vista home premium 64 bt

Comment

Originally posted by autosport210 View Post

i have the same problem

Motherboard;GA-EP45-UD3R
          prosesor;Core? 2 Quad Q9450
          memori;G.SKILL 8GB DDR2 1066
          power supplai; 1000 w
          video card; palit nvidia 8800 gts 1 gb
          windows vista home premium 64 bt

so...did you try to add the voltage yet?
          thanks

G.S

Comment

autosport210

yes haven't tried everything
            i gave orrery rma back and do the same

Comment

our spec is rated to run DDR2 1066 at 2.0-2.1v, so please amke sure your memory voltage is added to 2.0-2.1v
              and running with 4 sticks, you'll also need to add FSB voltage to 1.4-1.5v
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
              X