F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ & Biostar TP45HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ & Biostar TP45HP

i have 2 sets of your ram, F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ. (so i have 8GB total) and i have a biostar motherboard TP45HP. i'm trying to get it to work with the timings listed 6-6-6-18 but for some reason its not working.

i emailed customer service and this was what i was given

For static tREAD value, change that to 10.

DRAM tCL - 6
    DRAM tRP - 6
    DRAM tRCD - 6
    DRAM tRAS - 18
    DRAM tWR - 10
    DRAM tRFC - 66
    DRAM tWTR - 4
    DRAM tRRD - 4
    DRAM tRTP - 4
    The rest can be AUTO

Go back to the previous page to enter Voltage Configuration.

DDR Voltage - 2.1V
    Chipset Voltage - 1.4V
    FSB Voltage - 1.2V
    MCH GTL Ref Voltage - 1.4V

the only options for the MCH GTL Ref Voltage the options available were .61*VTT , .64*VTT , .59*VTT , .56*VTT. What do i set for that?

i've tried every setting for the mch and the listed timings and my ram still gives me errors when running memtest86. when i have the settings all set of AUTO, memtest86 passed. What am i doing wrong?

Set the MCh GTl Ref Voltage at .61. When set to AUTO, is the memory reading as DDR2-800?

Try testing each set first at 1066 before installing all four sticks. This would ensure that none of the sticks are defective and it is indeed a MCH(Northbridge) issue since it seems to me that the memory controller is being stressed out because of the extra sticks at full speed thus causing instability. Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Might want to try tRFC at 72 and or relax the timings to 7-7-7-21, if the relaxed timings work, you can then try tighting them back up a little. i.e. 7-7-7-20, 7-6-6-20 etc.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Actually you would do better with 800Mhz and tighter latencies. Memory speed in a sense is only speed data can be copied inside memory. Not actual speed which would be useful at anyway.
        "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
        http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
        X