BSOD After Upgrading 2gb into 4gb Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD After Upgrading 2gb into 4gb Memory

Recently I bought x2 2gig G.SKILL memory from newegg.
    This one:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231154

Bear with me, I don't know a lot about computer parts and such. Just the general...

Here is my laptop information

Once removing each 1 gig memory module (total 2gig) and replacing both of them with 2 gig modules each (total 4 gig), I get blue screen(s) like below after choosing repair computer when it gets to black screen.
    and I can get the other blue where it says "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_LESS"

My laptop never gets to the login screen after installing 4gig of memory. It just restarts to the boot screen or recover screen. Luckily I got 3 gigs to work for some reason by putting the oldest memory which is one gig farthest and the newest (2gig) closest. But if its the other way around its blue screen lol. I really have no clue how to get 4 gigs to work. ..I keep reading that I have to go to BIOS to do a little fiddling around there. TF? idk how..My BIOS is wierd though, it's very limited. You can't really do much but just change the time and date and thats all??
    My Bios:

I've already reintalled my operating system clean boot back to Windows Vista, I used to have Windows 7 but reinstalling OS didn't help atll. Please Help I would really appreciate it if you have the time..

Believe that laptop model maxes at 2GB, at least according to the posted specs

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...ls#/manualsTab

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You may want to try the CL5 model to see if it works better for the BIOS.

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X