Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ on Asus M2N

[HTML]
    <b>Motherboard: </b> <a href="http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2N/> Asus M2N </a>
    <br />
    <b> Model of RAM: </b> GSkill F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ 4x2
    <br />
    <b> Processor: </b> AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5400+ 2.8Ghz
    <br />
    <b> Operating System:</b> Windows 7 64
    <br />
    <br />
    <p> I recently purchased four 2GB modules. Anything over 4GB causes my system to BSOD or freeze shortly after booting Windows 7. I tested each of the modules individually and they all work fine. I updated the BIOS to the most recent version, but the problem persists. According to Asus, this MOBO supports up to 8GB of RAM. </p>
    <br />
    <p> Any insight you guys could provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time </p>
    [/HTML]

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, and that the timings are manually set correctly, then try raising the CPU/NB voltage + 0.10 and the DRAM voltage + 0.05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tman,

Thank you for the speedy reply. I had already updated the BIOS to the most recent version. I did set the ram timings manually, but the BIOS does not have an option to adjust the CPU/NB voltage or DRAM voltage. Setting the timings did not fix the problem.

I am at a loss as to what to do from here. I have been unable to find support for my particular mobo.

Comment

DRAM Voltage is under AI Tweaker, can be AUTO, 1.8 or 1.9 - go with 1.9 - this BIOS id very limited, looks like that's your only real option

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK, I checked that option and it was already set to 1.9.

Comment

Options seem limited here, might try 6-5-5-16 or 6-6-6-18

Tman

Comment

Ok, Ill try that. Is there any way, though, to test these changes without booting Windows. Memory Diagnostics returns no errors, even with all 8GB of ram in. I don't want to end up with a corrupted Windows install.

Comment

Yes, can change the default boot device to your CD ROM and boot with an OS Installation disk....or download something like Hiren's BootCD, which is full of utility programs, that way the HD and OS aren't touched, can find Hiren's here:

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X