F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK compatibility with P35 chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK compatibility with P35 chipset

First of all, glad you accepted me in your comunity!

My question i fairly simple: does your F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK kit runs well on P35 mainboards? I've read some issues about PK series on P35, on the web and especially on Italian forums where some members quoted G.Skill staff sayng "Incompatibility between 975/965/945/p35/x38 and F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK is known, while it isn't for nvidia chipset".
    I was going to install this kit kit on an Asus P5K-e/WiFi-AP with a Q8200, but before buying it, I'd like some elucidations.
    Best regards!

Federico.

This set is a 2x2GB set and there shouldn't be any problems, have seen where many have tried to use 2x4GB sticks to reach 8GB while the mobo is limited to using 2GB sticks...

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi! So you assure the total compatibility?
      Why ram stick will o will not run on certain chipset or cpus?

Comment

As stated, some chipsets only allow up to a certain amount of DRAM, your's specifies a max of 8GB over 4 slots or 4x2GB sticks. The P45 chipset which followed the P35 allowed for 4GB sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X