2x F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (8GB) + ASUS M3A79-T DELUXE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (8GB) + ASUS M3A79-T DELUXE

Hi all, i'm new in this forum and have a question. I've ordered 8GB of the memory to use it in my motherboard (Asus M3A79-T Deluxe). I've already seen the threads about memory + motherboard, but i couldn't find anything about 8GB, all are about 2 or 4 GB. What are the best settings in bios (v. 1801, the latest one)? Can i run it ad 1066 MHz?
    Thanks in advance
    Giuliano

Should be able to as long as the CPU can handle it. You've already got the latest BIOS, which is good, with four sticks might need to raise the CPU/NB voltage + 0.08 or so and with two sets may need the DRAM voltage up about + 0.06 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your help!
      CPU is AMD Phenom 9650: can it handle four sticks?
      Thanks
      Giuliano

Comment

At 1066 I would think so, but can't say it positively...off hand I don't remember working with that particular CPU....sorry

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It will be difficult, DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2.0V will probably be best. It is not worth it to put so much stress on the memory controller, it can easily cause instability. Even though frequency is lower, it will still be quicker and much more stable.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X