F2-5300CL5D-4GBBSA on Acer Travel Mate 3260 Laptop - memory issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-5300CL5D-4GBBSA on Acer Travel Mate 3260 Laptop - memory issue

Hello, I purchased new the GSKILL F2-5300CL5D-4GBSA 2GB PC2-5300 2048MB X 2 SODIMM memory for my acer travelmate 3260 laptop.

According to the acer website the laptop is upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules (dual-channel support).

The laptop came from the factory with 1GB (2x512MB) SODIMM RAM. I removed both sticks of memory and installed the 2 new sticks of GSKILL ram. Upon powering up the laptop, i get a bios boot screen, and a windows xp loading screen. However, when it starts to load in to windows where I can type my password, i get a blank screen.

I checked the BIOS and it seems to recognize the 4GB or memory. I powered off the laptop and removed one of the sticks of memory and the laptop fully booted in to windows xp like normal.

Can someone help, i would really like to put the other stick of memory in so i can get the full use out of the memory.

Thanks

Here is a link to the specs on the laptop:

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/no...e3260sp2.shtml

I don't do much with laptops and DRAM, because many use semi proprietary sticks (so you'll upgrade through them), one thing might try is set the BIOS to defaults, then turn off, add the stick and boot. Also would suggest contacting Acer.....hopefully someone will check in and have more input, I'll also drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look, though that would prob be Mon or Tues

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Did you try the second stick by itself to see if it can boot properly?

It may be a bad module.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X