need help setting up f2-8500cl5d-4gbtd x2 in a ga-p35c-ds3r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help setting up f2-8500cl5d-4gbtd x2 in a ga-p35c-ds3r

Hi I am having trouble setting up my bios so I can use all 8 gb of ram.
    It will run with three sticks in flex mode. But crashes as soon as I have more than one window open.
    When I have all four sticks in the system hangs at the post screen.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mb: ga-p35c-ds3r
    CPU: q9650
    Ram: f2-8500cl5d-4gbtd x 2

Do you have the mobo's latest BIOS? If so try with the sticks at stock timings, ensure CR (Command Rate) at 2T or 2N, set DRAM voltage to 1.85 and raise NB voltage + .06

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes I have the latest bios which is f12.
      The ram voltage is already set to 1.85v
      The nb voltage can only be increased in .1v steps and I have already tried it at 0.1v+
      I have manually set the timings to 5-5-5-15. Already. The system multiplier is set to auto which displays the speed as 1066. I'm unsure about what to set the advanced timings to, the options I have are:

ACT to ACT Delay(tRRD)
      Rank Write to READ Delay
      Write To Precharge Delay
      Refresh to ACT Delay
      Read to Precharge Delay
      Static tRead Value
      Static tRead Phase Adjust
      Last edited by jadodd; 08-07-2012, 04:01 AM.

Comment

I'll drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look, they may have advanced timings for your mobo. The advanced or secondary timings can differ from mobo to mobo and even BIOS ver to BIOS ver. I'm going to be going through notes Tues on another DDR2 question (advanced timings also) and will see if I have anything to help

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

NB Voltage is typically higher with full slots of DDR2-1066.

Advanced timings should be fine on AUTO.

Also, make sure each kit is installed in the same color slots. It can be difficult to use two kits in the same computer.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X