Dual-Channel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual-Channel problems

I am running a set of F1-3200PHU2-2GBNT on a ASUS A8V Deluxe with a AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ CPU. Up to this point I cannot get this set to run in Dual Channel configuration on slots A-1/B-1 per instructions in the manual. It runs fine as Single Channel memory at 400Mhz on B-1/B-2. I have my BIOS set up 3-4-4-8 2T running 2.5V. I have tried running it at 2.6V. I read on the Kingston site that this MB will only accept 4 ranks/banks? of 400Mhz RAM. I haven't been able to ascertain how many banks of memory are on each of these sticks. Any help in understanding these issues would be appreciated. Also what does 64-bit dq refer to? It is referred to in the BIOS in relation to burst length.

please using this program http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php and check out the memory section. the F1-3200PHU2-2GBNT is total 4 banks

Comment

Try dis-abling the BIOS ECC options, these sticks are non-ECC, that can throw off DC...or...Might want to try relaxing the timings 4-4-4-8 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the input Tradesman. I'm pretty sure that ECC is disabled..I'll double-check that. The timings you mentioned..what is the first 4?..if it's latency I can only set 2.0, 2.5, or 3..SPD is 3-4-4-8.
        In CPUID it looks like the default voltage is 2.5v. When I set the voltage manually it gives me the choice of AUTO, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8. I've assumed that by selecting auto it will run at 2.5v..is this true? It's also recommended elsewhere that I should try running it at 2.6v which I have tried. Thanks for any input that you may have.

Comment

wondering,

please try to install the 2 sticks in A2/B2 and keep the memory setting default
          and run CPU-Z in windows to see if it runs at DDR4 in dual channel
          if this still can't work, please send back to us for RMA, we'll replace you with a new kit
          thanks

G.S

Comment

Yes that's the CAS latency, looked at the manual for your board and apparently 3 is the lowest, sorry bout that. DRAM voltage is 2.6 at default, and you had the RAM right in the blues, 1,3 (A1/B1).

Have you checked on the ECC Enable, it's in the advanced section.

One other thing you might try, and it may sound weird. Make sure the ECC is disabled, and the timings are on auto. Just install a single stick in slot A1 and boot. Shutdown, add second stick in B2 and boot again, then take a look and see if dual channel has kicked in.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman and Administrator for the help. I won't be able to test things out for a few days..but I will definitely let you know how things turn out. I'll be able to check ECC in the morning..but I'm 99% certain that it is disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by wondering View Post
                Thanks for the input Tradesman. I'm pretty sure that ECC is disabled..I'll double-check that.
                Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                Have you checked on the ECC Enable, it's in the advanced section.

One other thing you might try, and it may sound weird. Make sure the ECC is disabled,
                Tman, he said it already= =

Comment

As a matter of fact he did, and like you quote he says he'll double check.

Pardon me for repeating myself, but since I had another thought of a possible fix (based on the chipset integration which requires that ECC be disabled to work), I was simply inquiring to see if Wondering had had a chance to check yet, before I offered the new possibility.

Thanks for keeping an eye on me, though don't think I'm going senile yet.....I hope!
                  Last edited by Tradesman; 05-10-2009, 09:07 PM.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X