• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS Stability Problems

Mobo = K8N Neo4 Rev1
    CPU = Athlon 64 3000
    RAM = F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS

This is new RAM, just installed. With default timings, the system is not stable at any voltage from 2.6v through 2.75v. It looks like the board is not stable at 2.75v--the system fails to boot completely. At 2.7v, things will boot and run fine, but there are random system resets that never happened before I installed the RAM.

Any suggestions before I RMA this to NewEgg?

If NS is known not to be stable with this mobo, would NT or ZX run any better?

Thanks

NS should work with this motherboard. Did you try one at a time? Maybe it is one module causing a problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have the same problem with either or both sticks installed, and regardless of which slots I use.

To be more specific, the instabilities I've seen are mainly random (once or twice an hour) crashes and lock-ups of Internet Explorer. (I haven't tried much else since I can't even get IE to work right.) At other times, I will leave the computer and come back to find it has put itself in sleep mode--which it shouldn't be doing. When I wake it up, it's completely unstable and blue screens within a minute or two. Neither of these problems occurs at all when I replace the old RAM sticks.

Comment

Might check to see if you have the latest BIOS for your mobo, if you do then try running memtest on each stick to ensure they aren't bad. if both are good, (hate to say it) you may have a corrupt Windows install and will want to reinstall, but first might want to check and make sure you have the latest hardware and chipset drivers for your components.
        Last edited by Tradesman; 04-25-2011, 07:38 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Use another internet browser too, IE sucks haha.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X