• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Problems

Motherboard- Foxconn 865A01-6ekrs
    Processor- Intel pentiium 4 CPU 3.15Ghz
    Memory Upgrade -F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS

I presently have 512mb of Kingston memory. I purchased two G-Skill DDR400 PC3200 memory sticks (see above). I turned off the computer with front button and placed the two 1GB sticks in slots one and two. & the 512mb stick in slot 3. I turned the computer back on and nothing happened except long repetitive beeps. I unplugged the computer and tried all differant memory combinations. Still the beeps. Thinking that I destroyed all my memory by not unplugging the first time, I purchased two more G-skill sticks as described above. With the computer unplugged, I installed the two new sticks. I turned the computer on and no beeps. The Intel logo came up and then instructions to push Delete within 3-5 seconds to continue. It stayed frozen. I tried shutting off and repeating the sequence several more times and finally it went to the next screen with some error messages that I don't remember. I removed the 1gb strips and re-installed the 512mb strip. I went through the same sequence pushing the delete button and it worked. I am hesitant to experiment more since I need the computer. Is it possible that the Gskill sticks that I purchased will not work with my setup?

Start with 1 or 2 of the new sticks with 1 in slot 1 closest to the CPU with 2 - in slots 1-3, see if it boots or lets you into BIOS to check that the base timings, DRAM voltage and CR are correct...if no boot or no BIOS, unplug the box and remove the CMOS battery for about a minute or so then reinsert and try again. If boots up okay, shut down and add the other stick(s)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman. I haven't tried anything yet. I just want to understand your reply before I proceed. What does CR mean? the Kingston KVR400X64C3/512 memory that is in there now is 2.6 volts CAS 3. Is this what you mean by DRAM voltage and base timings? The GSkill numbers are Voltage 2.5v-2.72v, CL2.5-3-3-6. I assume CL means Cas Latency?

Comment

Yes CL is CAS Latency, DRAM voltage for the for the Kingston is 2.6 with CL of 3 - the base timings on the GSkill are the 2.5-3-3-6 you show and CR stands for Command Rate which will show up as either 1T or 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I finally got it to work. Removing the battery did the trick. First I added one stick, then two, then three then four. After adding three sticks I had 3gb of memory. After four the bios only recognized 3.25. Is there something wrong?

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out OK and yes the 3.25 is correct, guessing here that you are using a 32 bit version of your OS and it will only see somewhere between 3-3.5 GB of DRAM.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X