Fl-3200PHUZ-2GBNS Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fl-3200PHUZ-2GBNS Issue

I have a HP Pavilion 774e 2.0Ghz Athalon, Mother board = FIC AM37 HP SALSA. According to spec's can take up to 2Gig of ram. When I checked on replacement ram this was on of the recommended ones that would run on that machine.

However when I install both sticks it showed that I have 2Gig, then when I go to shut down it gives me a bios error by beeping and not shutting down. I must manually shut down machine. When I go to reboot it again it makes the same beeping sound & will not reboot.

I have removed one of the sticks and it seems to work fine. Do I have a bad stick of ram? If so can you please help.

Any input would be helpful.

Thank You

TV Man
    Last edited by TV Man; 11-02-2008, 05:03 AM. Reason: Correct Ram Name

Are you able to access you bios and change your ram voltage to 2.6v and set everything else to auto ?

Comment

Another thought, i am not sure how many ram slots your motherboard has but they have to be populated correctly or they will not work.

Comment

I have accessed bios but do not see anywhere to change voltage. Is there a MB bios that may be buried somewhere else?

It has 2 slots for ram and I have swapped sticks and still have the same issue.

Comment

would you like to clean the slots and try again?
          and please update your bios to the latest one
          thanks

G.S

Comment

I did a Google search for your Motherboard and got HP's site. According to the specs it will only support 200/266 ddr memory modules. If i am not mistaken these modules have only been set to run at 333/400 ddr.

Comment

I have already cleaned slots. But if what Wildman95 suggest above it will not make a difference even if I updated bios.

Is that correct thinking GSKILL? That these are rated for 333/400 and will not run on this machine. If so why does one run and not 2? Just for clarification on my part.

Comment

what Wildman95gst said is not totally correct, memory would downgrade itself to match the speed of motherboard
                DDR 400 module would downgrade to run DDR 333 or even 266 on this kind of motherboard
                So, please try to update to the latest BIOS first
                thanks

G.S

Comment

"we checked out the spec of your machine and it only supports up to DDR 266
                  and we only write DDR 333 and 400 in our SPD, so that's the reason why it didn't boot in your machine
                  you can send back to us for RMA, we can edit a special SPD for you to use"
                  thanks

I am sorry if i have mis-informed anyone, i took my info from another thread, this was the reply from G.Skill regarding their DDR400 modules.

Comment

that's right
                    but we found it still works on some DDR 266 motherboards

G.S

Comment

Gskill,

Tried your recommendation cleaned slot & upgraded bios. Still have same issue when plugging in 2nd ram has beep error and will not shut down or reboot. Once 2nd chip removed works ok. Could it be a bad chip?

Comment

it might be defective or incompatible with your motherboard
                        'coz we don't have such motherboard to test, we don't know the exact reason
                        but if you are not sure, you can RMA with us
                        we'll try to find out hte problem
                        Thanks

G.S

Comment

How do I RMA back to you? Is there a ticket number I need to refrence?

WIll I need to send back both chips or just the problem one?

Comment

please download the RMA form from our website first
                            and fill out hte RMA form andsend it to rma@gskill.com
                            we'll tell you the details
                            we'd recommend you to send back both sticks, 'coz we always test them in pair
                            Thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                            X