Overclocking F3-14900CL9D 8GBXL from 1866 to 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking F3-14900CL9D 8GBXL from 1866 to 2133

Hey there i'm having issues trying to get my 1866 Ripjaws X to OC to 2133.

My mobo is a P8P67 B3 revision, cpu i7 2600k OC'd to 4.5GHz.

I tried looking elsewhere for the answer online but only came across one article saying I should use 9-11-10-28 1T timings I think it was however that didn't work as when I saved&restarted my computer wouldn't turn on correctly, just stay at a black screen.

Help guys?

Might start at 10-11-10-28 2T, 1.55, and raise VCCIO (memory controller) voltage
    up to 1.15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Same thing happens again, when I reboot system it refuses to start up & RAM light is on

Comment

can you post your DRAM and voltage settings, also what OC is the CPU at currently?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

can you post your DRAM and voltage settings, also what OC is the CPU at currently?

My CPU is at 4.5 GHz
          RAM Timings: 9-10-9-28 2T 1.5 Volts

is that the information you needed? if not just tell me the exact info you need

Comment

set freq to 2133, base timings 10-11-10-30, 2T, DRAM voltage 1.55, VCCIO 1.5, VCCSA 1.12 and give that a try

Tman

Comment

Same thing happened again.. dunno if it helps but the RAM defaulted to 1600 when I first booted system, i had to manually change the timings to get it to run at 1866

Comment

You have XMP disabled and DRAM all set manually?

Tman

Comment

Yes to both, is there a tool that I can use to view bios settings without restarting comp to enter bios every time? :P

Comment

Believe your mobo comes with a tweaking program, haven't had a chance to look at anything yet, will prob be this evening.

Tman

Comment

Afaik it doesn't come with a tweaking program, its not installed and can't find anything about it in the manual :P

Comment

AI suite, on the install disk and here:

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...8P67/#download

Tman

Comment

Cheers I downloaded that AI Suite, the disk with mobo doesn't seem to install it as i've done a fresh install twice so far. Still unable to find a solution to get the RAM to run at 2133, any more ideas?

Comment

How about 10-11-10-28 2T, 1.55, and raise VCCIO (memory controller) voltage
                            up to 1.20, VCCSA 1.1

Tman

Comment

Same thing again! Increasing the VCCSA and VCCIO voltages that much changes the colour of the text, from black to Red or Purple I'm assuming that's indicating there would be a problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X