Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trident z5 5600 (36-36-36-89) (2x32gb) -- optimal settings for 128gb (4x32)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trident z5 5600 (36-36-36-89) (2x32gb) -- optimal settings for 128gb (4x32)?

I've got good results with just 64gb of g.skill trident z5 5600 (36-36-36-89) (2x32gb) installed, standard XMP profile works fine, all software & bios seems happy.

Unfortunately, my boss and I went very "bleeding edge" and got z690a MB with 13900kf CPU, and our application set would be a lot happier if we can get the full 128gb (4x32).

What are the optimal settings for 128gb (4x32)? When I enable XMP with only the standard profile and 4x32 installed, it fails OC training and eventually resets to 3000 rather than 5600.

I did succeed in passing OC training & booting with 4x32 at 5200, once, but I am not well-versed enough in the ways of RAM to be confident I had stable settings. What I'd love is a certified XMP profile that is tested stable with this RAM kit.

Best,
    PGE

Well, more experienced folks will probably have spotted my problem already. I was not letting settings take the DRAM voltage above 1.25, but the DDR5 needs to draw more than that to run at this speed. I let the MSI BIOS "Try It!" settings push the voltage a bit higher, and it runs like a charm. I'd still appreciate any advice you have to offer, thanks!
    PGE

Comment

Like the QVL an XMP is only ever certified for single kit use. When combining kits, it us not unexpected to run into trouble and a small voltage increase is one of the easiest type of adjustments. However I would definitely recommend thorough stability testing with dedicated memory tests, before putting the system back to productive use.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
      X