G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series Model F3-2133C11D-16GXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series Model F3-2133C11D-16GXL

I purchased "G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series Model F3-2133C11D-16GXL" totaling 32GB of ram on NewEgg and have attempted on overclocking but I am having issues. I have cleared the cmos to the bios and turned on xmp hoping this would be all I need to do. Need some help badly. I keep getting blue screens and the system restarts. Only happens once I get into a game or something that uses more resources. Can anyone help me overclock this system? I am supplying images of my bios. I should be able to overclock the CPU as well but not sure how or if overclocking the CPU will help the ram?

Based on my motherboard which is MSI P67A-C43 (B3) I should be able to overclock to 2133 using DDR3, Using the OCGenie does not work as well and causes blue screens

Comment

That is a 16GB kit, and with full slots that also reduces maximum DRAM Frequency capability, so XMP alone is not expected to work.

With XMP enabled, manually set DRAM Frequency lower to see what can work. Say if DDR3-1866 can work fine, you can try boosting VCC IO Voltage to see if that can force stability at a higher frequency. If nothing seems to work, you may need to try two new kits or a single 32GB set that is pre-matched and guaranteed.

Comment

Okay I turned on XMP and it seems DDR3-1866 works fine. Under the task manager performance tab it is reading 1867MHz though (Not sure if that is a problem). How would I go about boosting the VCC IO Voltage though? I do not see this anywhere in the bios, again I know nothing about overclocking.

Comment

If the system is stable at 1866 then you don't need to adjust VCCIO. If left on AUTO the motherboard should take care of it. The AUTO values do work for some processors but can be too low/high for others, which results in POST or stability issues.

Regarding DDR3-2133:
          With a P67 motherboard you might be limited by the BIOS, since DDR3-2133 with 8GB modules can require a tRFC above the maximum configurable value depending on DRAM ICs. Many Sandy Bridge gen boards max out tRFC at 255, while 4Gbit ICs at high clock rates can require larger values.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Okay so I should leave it at 1866MHz then? Also I know this forum is for the memory but I have a intel i7-3770k 3.5MHz CPU which is unlocked. Would it be best to leave it or overclock it? If I overclock it how can I do this safely? I tried to set it to 4.6MHz but the system just kept rebooting and would not go back to the startup resulting in me having to pull the CMOS.

Comment

VCCSA (System Agent) and VCC IO are secondary CPU voltages for the uncore part of it. The memory controller is part of it and for that reason adjusting those can help with memory overclocking. You usually don't have to adjust them for CPU OC unless you also raise the reference clock (BCLK).

You might want to check one of the old Ivy Bridge OC guides if you don't really know what you are doing yet. That should help figuring out what to adjust and when. 4.5GHz usually is fairly easy, as long as your CPU cooler can hold up. For memory OC you kinda want a Z77 motherboard, though.

Good times...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ivy2666.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	557.2 KB
ID:	168023

Last edited by emissary42; 02-26-2022, 09:44 AM.
              Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
              X