Bad XMP II JuJu with ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO BIOS 2004 and g.Skill RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad XMP II JuJu with ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO BIOS 2004 and g.Skill RAM

I am running this board with the 9900-K i9. With slower RAM everything worked fine.

After up grading to F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR, Trident Z RGB
    DDR4-4266MHz CL17-18-18-38 1.45V
    32GB (4x8GB)

I have all kinds of problems. What I did after installing the RAM is I cleared BIOS then rebooted, loading optimized defaults, rebooting again, then choosing XMP II. The BIOS correctly recognized the 4273 speed and loaded 4266 also down lower in the BIOS settings. The system crashes, some programs launch then die, etc. I just can't get things to work. This memory is on the QVL so everything should work fine.

Thanks for any tips, CJ

What was the model of the other RAM?

Have you tried a lower DRAM Frequency with the new kit to see what can work properly?

You can also try one module at a time to see if one performs differently, or if all have the same maximum frequency. in any case a module performs differently than others, send the memory in for RMA and a replacement kit should work better.
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 12-07-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Testing the modules individually at full XMP frequency might not work, because of the motherboards DIMM layout. Making sure they all work without error at a reduced frequency, is a good way to start troubleshooting.

From personal experience with the Maximus XI models, I would also recommend testing different/older BIOS versions. The late releases actually broke XMP support for my kit, which was both on the ASUS QVL and compatible by G.SKILL QVL. After a couple of downgrades the motherboards memory training started working again at high frequencies and so compatibility was fully restored.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
        Testing the modules individually at full XMP frequency might not work, because of the motherboards DIMM layout. Making sure they all work without error at a reduced frequency, is a good way to start troubleshooting.

From personal experience with the Maximus XI models, I would also recommend testing different/older BIOS versions. The late releases actually broke XMP support for my kit, which was both on the ASUS QVL and compatible by G.SKILL QVL. After a couple of downgrades the motherboards memory training started working again at high frequencies and so compatibility was fully restored.
        What was the Magic version of the BIOS for you?

Thanks!

Comment

0905 was the last one working for me:

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communit...r-qvl.1249485/
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
          X