Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F4-4800C18D-16GTRS with ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene Z390 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-4800C18D-16GTRS with ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene Z390 ?

Hello, is there any chance to run this kit on the Gene mobo?

I know the kit is listed only for the apex - but i would like to choose this kit because it cost not very much more than the 4.600 CL18 Kit (which is listed for the Gene).

Or is this a technical limitation that the gene would not work? Is the voltage 1,5v a problem?

My second thought is:

maybe the 4800 kit is of higher quality and so it work higher speed or lower with lower latency...

(i know it cpu and mobo limited too).

Thanks for helping here!

Sadly there is no guarantee your board or CPU(memory controller) can hit that frequency, even if the motherboard is listed on the QVL. The memory frequency is just that extreme. My own 9900K and Maximus XI Gene can not do more than DDR4-4600 stable enough for 24/7 usage. That does however already require manual adjustments to a couple of timings/voltages. So it is not exactly plug in play like with lower frequencies, where you just have to enable the XMP and be done with it.

If you are intending to ignore the XMP and manually overclock the memory anyways, then compatibility = the QVL is not the real issue. Buying a overspecced kit can then allow you to save voltage and/or use tighter timings vs the XMP, if you have to settle with a lower frequency. Not sure though, if that is worth paying the price difference for you personally.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Hi you are from the hardwareluxx forum?

the price difference is ok,
      the highest speed kit from gskill for the gene is the
      4.600 CL18 kit.

my idea is to buy the 4.800 kit loading xmp and go down to 4.600 and then lowering the voltage or the latencys.

I got 2x 9900KS CPU which can boot without problems at 4.300 MHz and I will get 2x Gene because my extreme will only stable at 4.100 MHz.

its 100% a mobo problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mappi75 View Post
        Hi you are from the hardwareluxx forum?
        Yes, sir!

Originally posted by Mappi75 View Post
        my idea is to buy the 4.800 kit loading xmp and go down to 4.600 and then lowering the voltage or the latencys.
        That should work.

It might need a bit of fiddling around with the abundance of memory settings on the Gene, but that is what it is made for
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Danke Dir!

Comment

Working...
          X