Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F4-4000C19D-32GTRS - opionion on my hopes for overclocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-4000C19D-32GTRS - opionion on my hopes for overclocking?

I am curious whether G.skill thinks that I will be able to effectively overclock this ram. I have ordered the following for my build. I am still waiting for the memory and the ML 140 fans.
    The motherboard site did not specifically indicate this RAM and any ram that they did indicate as successful they did not overclock the CPU as well.
    • G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) Desktop Memory Model F4-4000C19D-32GTRS
    • MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 DDR4 Wi-Fi SLI CFX Extended ATX Gaming Motherboard
    • Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I99900K Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630
    • MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti DirectX 12 RTX 2080 Ti DUKE 11G OC 11GB 352-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    • SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 64L V-NAND 2-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7P1T0BW
    • CORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i, 1600 Watt, Fully Modular Digital Power Supply, 80+ Titanium Certified
    • CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 1000D Super-Tower Case, Smoked Tempered Glass, Aluminum Trim - Integrated COMMANDER PRO fan and lighting controller - CC-9011148-WW
    • Corsair Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 280mm Radiator, Dual 140mm ML Series PRO RGB PWM Fans
    • Corsair ML120 PRO 120 mm Premium Magnetic Levitation RGB LED PWM Fan with Lighting Node 3 Pack
    • 2 x Corsair ML140 PRO 140 mm Premium Magnetic Levitation RGB LED PWM Fan Single Pack (CO-9050077-WW)
    • 4 Pack PWM Fan Splitter Cable Sleeved Braided Y Splitter Computer PC Fan Power Cable 1 to 2 Converter (Black)

Since I intend to overclock the CPU/GPU, I am hoping to have my expectations adjusted to reality before the ram arrives and I waist considerable time trying to overclock it to 4000Mhz only to be disappointed.
    I.E. so if not 4000Mhz then what should I hope for?

Thanks, any response is appreciated.

Might have been coincidence, but you have hardware we have tested to be fully capable of XMP specs, so that's exactly what you can expect by enabling XMP Profile. If any issues, make sure to have the latest BIOS

https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...471&model=3516

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Thank you for this info. I had originally ordered some corsair memory 4133Mhz vengeance from Amazon.ca for this build but when it showed up it was missing the heat spreader from the ram. I returned the ram and am still waiting for the refund from amazon. So I had to shop around for something a bit cheaper since I didn't want to continue waiting for the refund before building and testing my system. I also became more aware of the many vendors for ram and discovered G.Skill while looking around.

I saw a lot of reviews for ram (most vendors) complaining that they were not able to obtain the indicated overclock speed. So I thought it was worth asking in case I needed to set my expectations a bit lower before I tested.

My ram is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully I will get it plugged in and be able to test the rest of the hardware tomorrow night. Crossing my fingers that nothing else needs to be shipped back to the retailer (amazon or newegg).

Thanks for the support.

Comment

Working...
      X