Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking F3-14900CL8D-8GBXM

Hello all,

I overclocked my RAM (1866, cl8, 1.5V, with xmp) to 2200mhz, 9-10-11-21, 1T.
    Using 1.6V on the dimms and +1.1V on system agent, i/o analog and i/o digital.
    Could it be pushed further? (without a too dangerous voltage)
    Maybe using the advanced timings? (I don't understand them )
    I'm using a Gigabyte Z87X-OC motherboard and a 4690K CPU, by the way.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Try DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28 1T at around 1.6V. The Z87X-OC should find appropriate secondary timings by itself. You can tweak them and the tertiaries for performance afterwards and might have to adjust SA and I/O(a/d). However in my experience +1.1V are way too high for 2200/2400 with a 4690K.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      Try DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28 1T at around 1.6V. The Z87X-OC should find appropriate secondary timings by itself. You can tweak them and the tertiaries for performance afterwards and might have to adjust SA and I/O(a/d). However in my experience +1.1V are way too high for 2200/2400 with a 4690K.
      It also works with 1.550V and system agent etc on auto (0.000V), but haven't tested stability yet.
      Also, 2400mhz won't boot, even with 15-15-15-35 2T @1.6V and +1.1V..
      Maybe, tuning the bclk helps? Currently it's at 100.0mhz.
      Last edited by julianbos; 08-12-2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by julianbos View Post
        Maybe, tuning the bclk helps? Currently it's at 100.0mhz.
        No, leave the BLCK at 100. Can you please post a picture of your memory (frontside)?

Then i can probably give you more concrete hints or some UEFI screenshots with settings to test.

Comment

System Agent should be +0.1V and more for DDR3-2400.

That is a good overclocking kit so you can achieve very good results or leave it to the current DDR3-2200 settings, which are pretty good.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

No, leave the BLCK at 100. Can you please post a picture of your memory (frontside)?

Then i can probably give you more concrete hints or some UEFI screenshots with settings to test.
            It's a F3-14900CL8D-8GBXM kit.

http://imgur.com/DUuzi6r
            Last edited by julianbos; 08-13-2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              System Agent should be +0.1V and more for DDR3-2400.

That is a good overclocking kit so you can achieve very good results or leave it to the current DDR3-2200 settings, which are pretty good.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              Currently, I've got 2200mhz 10-11-11-24 1T @ 1.6V and system agent etc @ 1.1V. CPU @ 4.7ghz 1.26 vcore and 4.3ghz uncore, which I know is stable. But I sometimes get BSOD's while gaming, so that must be because of the RAM.
              How can I stabilize it even more?

Thank you

Comment

DRAM Voltage 1.65V

Comment

DRAM Voltage 1.65V
                  2200mhz is stable now .
                  But if I try 2400mhz @1.7V and system agent etc +0.16V with timings on auto and enhanced stability on, it won't even boot....
                  Am I missing something?

Thank you
                  Last edited by julianbos; 08-16-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Difficult to say, maybe not enough VCCSA, maybe timings are too tight, check these and try different values to see if it improves.

Comment

Difficult to say, maybe not enough VCCSA, maybe timings are too tight, check these and try different values to see if it improves.
                      Tried again with 12-12-12-36 and a ton of different timings (higher, lower and auto).
                      With System Agent, I/O Digital and Analog on +0.22V, the DIMMS on 1.75V, VRING on 2.1V and Input on 2.4V.
                      But it just doesn't want to boot.
                      Well, I guess these sticks simply can't handle 2400mhz.....

Anyway, thank you for your help and effort.

Comment

Nevermind, you did try the command rate at 2.

Comment

It's a F3-14900CL8D-8GBXM kit.

http://imgur.com/DUuzi6r
                          Back from summer vacation, had a few weeks off sry =)

Since your kit uses Samsung ICs, DDR3-2400 should be doable.

I have the same board and made you some screenshots. The board basically does most of the work for you, at least for initial testing. All i had to set to take my ARES kit to DDR3-2400 was:

(if you got single sided modules try a higher tRFC of 240-300)

Frist boot:

Piece of cake. If you can boot into Windows, do a quick stability test. Then tweak voltages manually (some might be higher than needed if left at AUTO setting).

Comment

Back from summer vacation, had a few weeks off sry =)

Since your kit uses Samsung ICs, DDR3-2400 should be doable.

I have the same board and made you some screenshots. The board basically does most of the work for you, at least for initial testing. All i had to set to take my ARES kit to DDR3-2400 was:

(if you got single sided modules try a higher tRFC of 240-300)

Frist boot:

Piece of cake. If you can boot into Windows, do a quick stability test. Then tweak voltages manually (some might be higher than needed if left at AUTO setting).
                            Thank you for your help!
                            But I tried your settings and it (again) resulteren in a boot failure again..
                            I also tried upping every voltage (except pch io) and loosen the timings, but to no avail.

Comment

But I tried your settings and it (again) resulteren in a boot failure again..
                              What postcode error does the board display before rebooting?

Are those single or dual sided sticks?

Edit: Your using BIOS F9c?
                              Last edited by emissary42; 08-26-2014, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X