Tweak DRam Refresh Interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweak DRam Refresh Interval

My dram refresh interval for the trident x 2400 memory I have is at 9360.When I tweak this by double or triple multiply this number 9360-18720-28080-37440,I get a faster responding windows, plus a higher memory bench with lower latency scores. How high of a number can I use here, plus is it ok to tweak this setting. So far I have 43440 in and it gives me the best mem score. Any input appreciated.Also, what are the top secondary settings I should tweak to get the best out of my ram. Thanks...
    Last edited by NIK1; 04-08-2014, 07:57 AM.

Raise that value all you want, if you can keep stability. I personally never used values beyond 20k, however it is more a "never did try" kinda thing.

What i would do is extensive stability testing, after you're done tweaking =))
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. Never messed with that setting, but I might have to now. You have any comparisions you are able to post NIK1?

Comment

In the bios I put the dram refresh interval to Auto at first, reboot, enter bios again and to the left of auto you will see a number mine was 9360.Just multiply that number times 2 and enter it.Reboot,and benchmark, then try 3 x the first number and so on. I stopped at 3x since it might degrade data with too high a number. The higher I went I got better benchmarks and a snappier windows.

Comment

Working...
        X