2400MHz Ripjaws Z 32GB kit Asus Z87 Expert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2400MHz Ripjaws Z 32GB kit Asus Z87 Expert

I'm working with an Asus Z87-Expert motherboard, most recent UEFI BIOS. I'm trying to get F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD Ripjaws Z PC3 19200 32GB (4x8 bought as a kit) to work at DDR3-2400MHz. It's on the QVL list at both Asus and G.Skill.

I've tried both XMP profiles. I've tried manual settings to match the profiles. I've tried to go to only DDR3-1600MHz. The memory stays at the SPD of 1333MHz and big number CAS.

The memory is quite happy there. I ran it through 4 passes of Memtest 86+ without a hitch.

I've done all this from setup. I haven't loaded an OS yet. I'd like to get the memory and CPU set before I start on software.

I've built a zillion boxes but never a manual OC. The few OC boxes I've done were using an Evga or Asus Tweaker from the OS. In that regard, I'm a newb but not completely. I built the box from specs given by a client. It's air cooled with a Noctua NH-U12s. He doesn't want to push the 4770K too much (CPU speed=heat=fans=noise) but he wants the higher memory speed.

I've seen posts here and on the Asus board that say he'll get better results from CPU OC than from memory but he's paid for the premium memory and that's what he'll see.

If someone could help, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Enable XMP and see how that works. If you still have problems, test each module individually to see if it is a problem with a stick.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Once I loaded an OS I was able to see that the memory was working at the set frequency and timings. I was just using the wrong tool.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Working...
      X