4x4GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHZ + TZ77XE4 + i7 3770K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHZ + TZ77XE4 + i7 3770K

Good evening, I have a BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 + i7 3770K + 4X4GB 2400MHZ G.Skill Trident X, I have some problems when trying to use the XMP profile, the PC does not start, if I enable XMP profile and it resets back to the default setting, I'm using SPD on because I can not use the XMP profile, is there anything I need to tinker can use XMP profile?
    Last edited by jesse_cf; 02-17-2014, 06:25 PM.
    i7 3770K ES IHS MOD@4.5Ghz + Liquid Pro + Kraken X60 + TZ77XE4 + 4x4GB DDR3 2400 G.Skill Trident X CL10 + WD Caviar BLACK 1TB + SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Pioneer BDR-2208 + GTX 680 Windforce 3X/OC + MaxRevo 1350W + CM Storm Stryker + X-FI Forte + Z-5500 + XL2420T + Thermaltake Meka G1 + G700 + QcK Diablo III Demon Hunter Edition

Are we talking about http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-2400c10q-16gtx ?

Can you please try enabling XMP with 2x4GB in the recommended slots first?

If that is successful, there is probably just a minor voltage adjustment needed for 4x4GB @ XMP settings.

This varies quite a bit from board to board and even CPU to CPU. With my ASUS Maximus V Extreme and a kit of G.SKILL F3-2400C9Q-16GTXD no adjustments were needed for XMP settings. I just had to enable profile #1 or #2 and that was it. However some boards are not optimized by the manufacturer for four modules at high memory speeds to that extent or even at all... Thats when tinkering with timings and voltages is needed.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      Are we talking about http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-2400c10q-16gtx ?

Can you please try enabling XMP with 2x4GB in the recommended slots first?

If that is successful, there is probably just a minor voltage adjustment needed for 4x4GB @ XMP settings.

This varies quite a bit from board to board and even CPU to CPU. With my ASUS Maximus V Extreme and a kit of G.SKILL F3-2400C9Q-16GTXD no adjustments were needed for XMP settings. I just had to enable profile #1 or #2 and that was it. However some boards are not optimized by the manufacturer for four modules at high memory speeds to that extent or even at all... Thats when tinkering with timings and voltages is needed.
      My memories here are these: F3-2400C10D-8GTX are 4 modules of 4GB each. I tried the tip you gave me, I tested only 2 memory modules and enabled the XMP, but still did not work, does not pass the boot screen, and then restarts back the default settings.
      i7 3770K ES IHS MOD@4.5Ghz + Liquid Pro + Kraken X60 + TZ77XE4 + 4x4GB DDR3 2400 G.Skill Trident X CL10 + WD Caviar BLACK 1TB + SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Pioneer BDR-2208 + GTX 680 Windforce 3X/OC + MaxRevo 1350W + CM Storm Stryker + X-FI Forte + Z-5500 + XL2420T + Thermaltake Meka G1 + G700 + QcK Diablo III Demon Hunter Edition

Comment

Have you checked what settings the board tries to apply when you enable the xmp?

The timings should start with 10-12-12-31 2T. The correct secondaries i don't know from the top of my head, but you can check them via Aida64 > Motherboard > SPD (they should be identical for all four modules). If you think the board does not set the appropriate timings, write them down and enter these manually in the UEFI.

Also Vdimm should be fixed at 1.65V. The VCCIO and VCCSA probably need to be raised as well, if the board does not apply corrections at the AUTO settings. The amount needed varies from cpu to cpu, but don't go completely overboard with these.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          Have you checked what settings the board tries to apply when you enable the xmp?

The timings should start with 10-12-12-31 2T. The correct secondaries i don't know from the top of my head, but you can check them via Aida64 > Motherboard > SPD (they should be identical for all four modules). If you think the board does not set the appropriate timings, write them down and enter these manually in the UEFI.

Also Vdimm should be fixed at 1.65V. The VCCIO and VCCSA probably need to be raised as well, if the board does not apply corrections at the AUTO settings. The amount needed varies from cpu to cpu, but don't go completely overboard with these.
          The times of all modules are equal, are 10-12-12-31 2T, checked the latest CPU-Z when I get home I will take pictures of the BIOS which shows all these settings, times, VCCSA and VCCIO. Just so I'll know how much I'll be able to increase power to stabilize at 2400MHZ.

Comment

Working...
          X