2T TO 1T Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2T TO 1T Question

I have my gskill ripjaws 2133 overclocked to 2400 at 10 11 11 30 2T.Dram volts is 1.65 and VSSCA volts is at 1.00000.My MB is a asus sabertooth z77and the cpu is a I5 3570K 3.4 OC to 4.5 with 2.08 volts,cpu pll 1.50000.I and trying to get the ram to run at 1T but I get a blue screen just before windows desktop.AT 2t with 16 gigs, all is fine stress testing. The only way I can get 1T to boot to the desktop and run stable is to disable 1 stick of ram in the bios from and have 12 gigs enabled from all 16 gigs.Anyone know on how I can get this to work with all 16 gigs enabled..Voltages or timings, or some other setting I could try. Let me know what you suggest. Thanks...

I have to run at 2T when clocking my 2133 to 2400 as well. Not really a big deal. I'm already way over the 1866 memory spec for my cpu so it's all gravy.
    AMD's Official AM3/AM2+/AM2 Performance Tuning Guide

AMD's Official FX AM3+ Performance Tuning Guide

Comment

More Vdimm or loosening other timings can help, but it is by no means guaranteed to get you from 2T --> 1T. Other things that might help are more VCCIO, VCCSA and/or enabling PLL overvoltage if it is available in your UEFI. In the end, a command rate of 2T vs 1T is not a big deal, really. Why even bother?

Edit: I hope your kidding, but 3570K @ 4.5Ghz with 2.08V???
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I enabled PLL overvoltage from auto to enabled and now it boots fine. I will do a stress now to see if stable. Thanks....

Comment

Is 3570K @ 4.5Ghz with 2.08V bad. I ment 1.208-1.216 with offset voltage.
          Last edited by NIK1; 01-26-2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

That is too much juice for that chip. I've heard of people going as high as 1.35, but even that is a lot. Most I'll go on my ivy is ~1.3 volts.

Comment

I made a mistake on the other post my max volts with the 4.5 oc are 1.208-1.216 with offset voltage set.That's almost 1 volt less than 1.3 volts.

Comment

1T is too quick for extreme frequency and multiple modules. 2T is best for stability under high stress conditions.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X