Overclocking G.Skill 2133 F3-17000CL9Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking G.Skill 2133 F3-17000CL9Q

I have a stable 2400 oc on my Ripjaws z 2133 memory.Timings are 10 11 11 31 2T.When I change the command rate to 1T I get a even better benchmark but its not stable. When I run prime to bench the memory it goes for about a minute and a error shows up and the worker shuts down. Anyone know what I can do to get it to work at 1t.Windows seems so much snappier on this setting, so if anyone has any ideas I can try please let me know..

If your system is not stable at a Command Rate of 1T, then there is only one or two things left to try. Loosen the other main timings (10-12-12-31 1T) or subtimings and it that does not help maybe raise Vdimm a bit. If it is only a minor bump, it could be worth it... but i would not go all out at that point.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Four modules is always 2T.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Your right,4 modules did not work for command rate 1t.I disabled one slot in the bios with 3 slots enabled for 12 gigs total ram and it now works at 1t for 2400 oc at 1t.So,my mem controller on the sabertooth z77 must not be able to handle 1t at 2400.With all 4 slots enabled it can do 2133 at 1t though. Currently at 1.60 volts at 2400 oc.
        Last edited by NIK1; 11-02-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Memory controller is on the processor not the board, you try 1.65v at 1t, it might be stable, might not?
          ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Even with four modules installed 1T can be possible at DDR3-2400+, but it depends on the specific cpu, mainboard and memory kit used. Also some times, adding voltage will not help at all. However 10 11 11 31 2T @ 2400 is not bad and maybe there are other (sub-) timings you could still tighten up a bit (e.g. tRRD, tWCL, tRFC).
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will try the sub timings later today. I found that 10 11 11 is the lowest I can go for it to boot, the last timing 31 I benched all the way down from 31 to 12 and it made hardly no difference in bench tests, maybe some lower number might of been a little faster in the read or write. When you mentioned tighter sub timings, in the secondary, or last tertiaries timings. Which one were you talking about.

Comment

Working...
              X