No announcement yet.

F3-2666C11D-8GTXD No works to 2666 - Maximus V Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will take a look at your settings again here in a bit, have you tried at 2600? Might be you have a 3770K that can't carry 2666, I've run into a few that couldn't even carry 2600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Right. I have tried also with 2600 and does not boot. Only in 2400

Comment

I have seen in other forums as people with this same kit to come until 2800 with i5 and i7 processors, I can not simply accept that my processor is not able to handle even the 2600. That does not say in the specifications of G.Skill website. I look for before purchasing the compatibility and all I say is that it supports the Asus Maximus V Extreme,

ASUS
        Z77/Z75
        V MAXIMUS EXTREME
        MAXIMUS FORMULA V
        MAXIMUS V GENE
        P8Z77-V DELUXE
        P8Z77-V PRO
        Also said to be supported by Intel's i7 processors:

Intel XMP Support

All G.SKILL DDR3 memory eats With The latest Intel XMP standard developed for Intel platform. It provides PC enthusiasts an Entirely trouble free overclocking experience to boost Their 4th Gen Intel ® Core ™ processors w / Intel 8 series systems for extreme levels of performance, while retaining system stability.

I only want is what I said at the beginning of this forum, to install my memory with what the label says cash: CL11-13-13-35 at 2666.
        Please proceed to escalate my problem.
        I appreciate all the help I can get. I look forward to comments.
        Thank you

Comment

Might try a hard reset by clearing the CMOS, ensure sticks are firmly installed in slots 1-3 (from CPU, the black ones) then simply enable XMP and try, maybe there's a setting somewhere that is stuck from earlier....the reset should clear all to original base settings....if no joy let me know and I'll drop a note to the GSkill folks to take a look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I must say that now I have my memories in slots 2 and 4 (red). I will proceed immediately and confirm the result. I'm grateful for your support. Sorry this is more complicated than it seemed at first.

Comment

The same error. No boot, turn off the power and when you lift OC says error.
              I secure DIMMs placing positions 1 and 3. Clean the bios leaving all defaults. Only check XMP profile 1 and also try to profile 2.
              Please proceed to climb to G.Skill

Comment

Will drop them a line now

Tman

Comment

Hard reset BIOS/EFI. Enable XMP Profile. Double check VCCSA value and others are set properly. Once that is done, the memory should work fine. If not, test each module individually to see if they can pass alone.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

If what G.SKILL TECH wrote does not help, you might want to try an earlier BIOS version. I am using TridentX @ M5E myself and had good experiences overclocking memory with 1309 and 1408 (but 0021/0022 and 0704 are best).
                    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I tried using a dimm at a time, but all was well. I will try to downgrade my BIOS 1707 and try again as you say emissary42. I'll report the results.

Comment

I think I know the answer, but I prefer a second opinion.

I I have 2 Dimms Samsung (2x8Ghz) 1333 with 10-10-12-26 1T timing of 1.65V, which I can work smoothly at 2400. And also I have 2 Dimms G.Skill (2x4Ghz) 1600 2N timing of 11-13-13-35 1.65V, which apparently I can not make go beyond 2400.

Without taking into account the ability to logically Samsung is better. Which one has better performance as the timming? The Samsung or G.Skill?

Comment

With what you say on the 1333 Samsungs, you have a truly outstanding set of sticks if they'll go 2400 at CL10 and especially with 1T, most 1333 sets i've taken to 2400 took at least of CL of 12 and those were native 1333/CL7 sticks.

Tman

Comment

Can your CPU do XMP #1 or #2 stable with both modules at 4.4, 4.5 and 4.6Ghz?

It should be walk in the park to get to 2666 with M5E and TridentX already specced for that speed =)

Edit: If POST @ 2666 fails, what error code do you get?
                            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Overclocking characteristics and performance will vary depending on chips used. A benchmark test can be used to test actual performance. Some times lower latency does not result in better performance.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X