F3-2666C11D-8GTXD No works to 2666 - Maximus V Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2666C11D-8GTXD No works to 2666 - Maximus V Extreme

I have a Maximus V Extreme with 3770K I've managed to work very stable at 4.7GHz. Previously had two very modest dimm Samsumg 1333 2x8 that achieves to OC to 2200. So far so good here. Now I have my new G.Skill 2666 that I have not managed to do that work at more than 2400. I have set the DRAM Voltage to 1.65V, the Primary Timings 11-13-13-35 manually, Command Mode = Auto, Latancy Boundary = Auto, and all Secondary and Thirds Timings to Auto. In played fairly with other values ​​according to some forums, but it is frustrating for me. I do not get. Please I need help. I'm no expert on OC. If you tell me which parameters should I touch to make this work well. All I want is to run my memory with minimum specifications it says on the box. 2666.

Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo? If that's not it, can you post up your BIOS settings under XMP for your system voltages and all your DRAM timings, both base as well as the advanced/secondary timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply, I am calmer now and that with his vast experience we can track to the 2666.
      If I have installed the latest version of BIOS 1707 (03/15/2013). Maybe I need to help me know what are the parameters that I can adjust and keep trying until you reach a track.
      By the way, the error that I have is that when I try to load up when the 2400, keep the setting and the computer does not boot. Disconnect the power cord and turn back to and this gives me a message that I have an error of OC.
      In the following link I have shared pictures of my settings and voltages.

https://app.sugarsync.com/wf/D687062...V5YXJkPWZhbHNl

Comment

Let's try tRFC at 208, CR at 2, VCCSA at 1.12 and VCCIO to 1.15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I proceeded but still I have the same error. The only thing that did not change was achieved CR = 2 since no meaning "CR" Sorry, I can explain referred to CR?

I also made some adjustments similar to those that you instructed me:
          tRFC at 208 (210 and 216)
          CR at 2 (I could not find it)
          VCCSA at 1.12 (1.12)
          VCCIO to 1.15 (1.30)
          DRAM V = (1.65 up to 1.75)

I emphasize that this parameter I've always had this:
          Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual (Never in Auto or XMP)

Comment

CR = Command Rate (called DRAM Command Mode in ASUS ROG UEFI)

Have you never even tried using the XMP?
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you very much for the explanation Emissary42. I try CR = 2 but still my problem continues.
              A couple of times set to XMP in the two profiles. The profile # 1 I 2665 brand and profile # 2-2667

Comment

XMP profile 1 ifs sort of an enthusiast profile and should provide settings/timings that should be stable at that freq, profile is slightly more extreme settings to provide better performance...of the two, profile 2 is the most likely to need additional tweaking

Try kicking VCCSA to 1.2, and I'll try to get a closer look at the advanced timings in the AM
                Last edited by Tradesman; 06-01-2013, 08:02 PM.

Tman

Comment

Try VCCSA to 1.2 but remains the same.
                  Tman, you want me to do some testing with some XMP profile?

Comment

Sure, if you haven't tried them yet, can try profile 1. Not sure how well they've worked the BIOS on the Max V X, last one I had in the shop had BIOS problems with 2133 sticks and had to completely set up manually, but w/ a later release my client got some 2400 to run w/ XMP. The thing we run into over and over, while mobo makers 'test' sets of DRAM and advertise they can runhigh freqs like 2133, 2400, 2600, 2666, 2800 etc - they test the sets at the mobo default which is normally 1333 or 1600...might take a look at my info thread here for more info:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Tman

Comment

I left the values ​​I indicated before and I put the XMP profile 1. Nothing different.
                      Any other ideas?

Comment

Will have to wait till in the morning so I can get into your advanced timings and take a closer look, am working on a network proposal at the moment I have to have done by early thirty Sunday

Tman

Comment

sure, thank you very much for your time. Tomorrow I'll wait for you. Good night.

Comment

Let's try tRFC at 208, Command Mode at 2, VCCSA at 1.15 and VCCIO to 1.20, RAS# to RAS# Delay 6, DRAM Read to PRE Time 7, DRAM Write to READ Delay 7

Tman

Comment

Unfortunately the same error.
                              I also made some alterations up to your recommendations:
                              tRFC at 208,
                              Command Mode at 2 (Also try it with 1)
                              VCCSA at 1.15 (1.20)
                              VCCIO to 1.20 (1.25)
                              RAS # to RAS # Delay 6 (7)
                              DRAM Read to PRE Time 7 (8)
                              DRAM Write to READ Delay 7 (8)
                              Also went up a little DRAM.V (up to 1.7V)
                              and CPU PLL Voltage (up to 1.90)

These are the latest photos of my setup in case there's something I do not see:
                              https://app.sugarsync.com/wf/D6870628_77219053_060322

Comment

Working...
                              X