Trident X DDR3-2400 and required VCCIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident X DDR3-2400 and required VCCIO

Hello everyone, I recently got a set of 8GB Trident X DDR3-2400 RAM. I'm running this on an Asus Sabertooth Z77 with a 3770K.

At stock settings everything works nicely and I have no stability issues. I'm thinking about working with some different speed/timing/voltage combinations to see what the kit can do. But, I got thinking about the VCCIO voltage required for these modules.

My motherboard doesn't have a separate setting in the BIOS for the VCCIO. There is a VCCSA setting (On Auto it just goes to 0.925 V). I've done some reading on this board and it sounds like the VCCIO is somehow tied into the VCCSA setting? Or it's just automatic, but I'm not totally sure about this.

I know if the VCCIO is too high it can be very hard on the CPU. Since there appears to be no VCCIO setting in the BIOS, I also can't get a reading for the VCCIO as well (whether thru the BIOS or using software like ADIA64 or Asus AI Suite).

So, is the VCCIO something I need to worry about with these modules running DDR3-2400? Thanks!

Some of the Asus mobos tie in the VCCIO, VTTCPU (MC (memory controller)) to the VCCSA (system agent voltage) so you adjust it for both...if stable as is, no need for adjustment, but if you start pushing and testing the sticks can increase the VCCSA gradually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply! So with the VCCSA at 0.925 V, is there any reason to believe the VCCIO is any higher?

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm just trying to understand this.

Comment

To be honest, I'm not positive if the actual applied voltages are variable or not...I'm not a fan of combining the two as one applies (VCCSA) to overall system voltage and the MC (VCCIO or CPUVTT) voltage is actually a separate thing i.e. many builds I've made on more conventional setups may require a little extra to the MC (normally large quantities, high density sticks or a combo thereof) while the VCCSA is quite happy at a .0925 stock voltage - don't see the sense in raising the VCCSA (more heat) if not needed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Oh sorry, I didn't mean that I want to apply more voltage to the IMC. I'm just wondering if there is any reason to believe that the VCCIO is too high?

Comment

Should be fine

Tman

Comment

OK sounds good. Thanks for the help!

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X