Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK Z77 Formula OC Memory Problems

Hello,

I'm putting together a new system and I am having problems getting my Z77 Formula OC MB to recognize more than one stick of the G.SKILL F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL RAM.

ASRock Z77 OC Formula Intel MOBO
    Intel I5 3570K
    Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB
    WD Black 1 TB HD
    Corsair AX850 PSU
    Coolmaster 612 CPU Cooler
    GSkill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL
    Bios V 2.0

I can get the system to boot up with one stick installed, but when I put a second stick (in the correct slot), the motherboard gives an error code of "55" (memory not found).

Am I missing something? Could the motherboard be faulty? I have try to put all 4 sticks in and I still get the "55" error code.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Gramps

Have you checked that you have the latest BIOS? If not try updating that. If so, try clearing CMOS then loading all four, still no joy, check each stick in slot one if all are OK then try 2 sticks in slots 1-3 (from CPU). This should eliminate a possible bad stick, or help identify a mobo/CPU problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman.

I'll try those suggestions out this evening after work. All of my equipement is new, just got it this last week. I'm hoping it something I'm doing wrong, but my suspicisions are that it might be the MB.

Again thank you for your help.

Gramps

Comment

Let me know, I'll be in and out this evening

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X