Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem Overclocking ASUS P8Z77-v Deluxe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Overclocking ASUS P8Z77-v Deluxe??

Hi Everyone,

I am running into problems when trying to OC my PC and hope anyone may have a solution/suggestion.

When I use the TPU switch on the MOBO(designed to give me automatic OC to about 4.2 MHz), it has to reboot, but will get stuck in reboot cycles. Only option is to revert back to the Original bios state on the MOBO, which leaves me again with an un-OC'ed PC. Same thing happens when I use the ASUS software for OC'ing. I am totally unfamiliar with OC'ing, but built this rig to do so, with a few simple steps. OC'ing in the bios seems a bit too much for me. Also, I read that if you can use software/TPU switch, the CPU will not be stuck in the OC'ed state, which I prefer.

I have read about someone having installed the same memory, same MOBO and CPU, who had same problems as to mine. That thread ended with him/her stating he/she was now using a different brand of memory and everything was working fine now. I'm not keen on just buying new memory, becayse this is supposed to work.

Before I started the build, I did check compatibility with the MOBO, so I don't understand what the problem is.

Anyone here perhaps who has suggestions?

I have tried memtest, couple of cycles. No errors found.

Here are my (most relevant) specs:

- i5-3570K
    - G.Skill 8GB (2x 4GB) Dual Channel Ares Series Memory Kit (DDR3 1866, 9-10-9-28, 1.5v, Intel XMP Extreme Memory Profile Ready)
    - ASUS P8Z77-v Deluxe
    - Asus matrix HD7970 Platinum
    - Bequiet Dark Power Pro 850W

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dieek

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Did you enable XMP to see if that can be stable? You can also try manual settings to see if that is different. The memory, motherboard, and CPU is fully compatible, so you should have no issues.

It is very easy to OC memory and CPU independently, so you may want to try that.

Keep us posted on the result.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi GSKILL TECH,

Thanks a bunch for your reply to my post!!

I have tested the XMP profile for a couple of days now and it seems to be just fine.
      As I said, I am unfamiliar with OC'ing via the bios, so it'll take a while for me to get back to you on that. In the meantime do you perhaps have any idea as to what contribute to the failed oc's using tpu / ASUS OC software?

Hope to report with more soon.

Thanks and regards,
      Dieek

Comment

I'd guess that the TPU is prob only really programmed for Auto OC with DRAM up through maybe 1600, when they test mobo/DRAM compatibility it only done up to the mobos default DRAM freq...I've found it always best to manually OC DRAM and CPU as BIOS's are programmed for the multitude of possibles that can be involved in a system build

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X