X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to overclock/titer timings?

Hi guys,
    I'm new to the pc stuff, built my first pc a week ago
    I want to OC my ram. It's 2x4gb RipjawsX 1600 @ 8-8-8-24. Is overclocking worth it or should I stay as is or buy a different kit?

i5 3570K @ 4.5
    Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H

Thanks.

sounds like the Ripjaws X - F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM, and those generally OC pretty well. With your rig, I'd start with 1866. Might go by enable XMP, select 1600, then manually change the freq to to 1866, the base timings to 9-9-9-25, leave CR at 2.t and raise the DRAM voltage to 1.55 and see how that works. Then if stable can try tighting the CL to 8 or the CR to 1T (either will prob call for a voltage increase to the VTT of 0.04-0.06 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman,

I've been told that on ivy bridge you rather have tighter timing, is it true and what would you recommend?

Thanks

Comment

Ideally yes, but it's generally better to get at what you want to run, say 1866, and get it stable.....then you have fallback settings you can go to and then try to tighten down the timings....so if stable at 1866, 9-9-9-etc.....then you could try at 1T, if that doesn't fly (and as said may need a hair more voltage, then take that back to 2T and maybe try 8-9-9 and see if that will work

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X