Compatible with asus p8z68-v mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatible with asus p8z68-v mb

I have just received new memory for my PC, 4x4Gb F3-17000CL 11Q-Q16GBZL bought at NewEgg,
    DDR3-2133 CL 11-11-11-30 1.6v PC3-17000 Intel XMP ready.

IN MY EXCITEMENT during my purchase I made the mistake of NOT checking if this fast memory is compatible with my ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 MB, USING AN INTEL i2700K.

CAN ANYONE HELP THIS LOST SOLE?
    I WON'T INSTALL AS A PRECAUTION.

BEST REGARDS,
    TOMAS
    Last edited by tamunoz; 12-21-2012, 02:53 PM. Reason: Misspelling

No problem! Enable XMP and it should be ready to go!

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

The basic question is still, is my new RAM from G.Skill compatible with my ASUS P8Z68-V MB?
      On the packaging I read the F3-17000CL was designed for LGA 2011 CPU and X79 platforms.
      Will it work on a machine using an LGA 1155 CPU - i7-2700K and P8Z68 chipset???

Sorry to basically repeat my question; can't run the risk of screwing things up.

Comment

Yes it is, while the primary design intent was towards the X79 it is perfectly compatible with Socket 1155 moos and both 2nd (your CPU) as well as 3rd Gen CPUs... and for info purposes, the QVL lists put out by mobo makers are sort of a joke, they 'test' whatever they have available and even then the 'test' is done at the mobo's default boot speed (1333 or 1600), not at the rated freq os the sticks...might look at might info thread on the subject HERE:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ENABLED XMP, INSTALLED STICKS AND ALL IS WELL!!!

Great advice here on the forum. Most pleased; hope to now maximize my OC'g.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well, keep in touch, we'll help where ever we can

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X