Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/C G.SKILL Sniper Series

Good day,

I just purchased 8GB G.SKILL Sniper Series 2133MHz CL11 (F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR) RAM and I have some questions on overclocking (or underclocking).

XMP sets the frequency at 2133 and timings at 11-11-11-30-2N. I would like to drop the frequency and tighten the timings. I would like to keep the voltage at 1.65 or lower.

Can anyone with this RAM share their timings? Or any general advice would be great. I have no experience adjusting timings so I'm not really sure where to start. I am doing some reading on it now but I must say it's a bit confusing to me or maybe my mind is tired from all the reading I've done on CPU overclocking!

Running an i5-3570K on Asus Maximus V GENE z77 motherboard.

Thanks very much for any information.

You don't mention where to, so if you want to drop to 1866 could start at 10-10-10-29 and with full 1.65 can prob drop the CR to 1T....or could try 9-11-10-30, 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman.

I did not mention where to because I am open to suggestions. My knowledge of this sort of thing is limited.

Comment

With the Snipers, I'd prob stay to 1866 as an underclock, when underclocking while you might pick up a bit in true performance, you loose bandwidth, i.e. performance wise (not counting bandwidth) 2133/CL11 is about the same as 1866/CL10 - but if you can get down to CL9 (which I know can be done, have done it) the performance is improved over the native 2133 to a point that slightly exceeds the bandwidth gain you have over 1866/10 vs 2133 /11

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You can try to tighten the timings at DDR3-2133, 9-11-10-28 1.65V

With a good CPU OC, the system should be plenty fast.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X