G.SKILL Ares Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) F3-1866C10Q-32GAB problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Ares Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) F3-1866C10Q-32GAB problems

I recently purchased a set of G.SKILL Ares Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C10Q-32GAB and I am having trouble with stability.

Build
    CPU- Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K
    MD- EVGA Z77 FTW (151-IB-E699-KR)
    GPU- Sapphire Radeon 7970 HD 3GB
    800 W power supply
    Cooler master case

When I initially installed the memory, it was set at 1333Mhz. I have only been able to get the system to boot when then memory is set at 1800MHz with timings of 10-11-10-30 at 1.5V. Any recommendations to get this to the specified 1866Mhz or even higher. Also, would you recommend trying to lower the CAS timing or just stick with higher MHz. This is only my second build and am by no means an expert.

Would suggest making sure you have the latest BIOS, then try enabling XMP and selecting the 1866 profile, next raise VCCSA to 1.20. Give that a try, with EVGA may still have to adjust the advanced timings and MC voltage, so if still unstable after the above, post up your DRAM timings (base and advanced) as well as system voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Still not working

Did what you said. Still crashed on boot with adjustments to the voltage. I have added a jpeg of my system configuration. Please let me know what I can do to make this work. Thanks

Comment

Can't read it, if you have a flash drive, insert it, boot to BIOS and for any screen you want a print of, hit the F12 key, it will save a screen shot to the flash drive

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Updated bios information

I have blown up all of the information so you can see it. Please let me know what I can do to make this RAM stable. Thanks

Comment

Obviously their BIOS isn't setting things up right, need the actual BIOS settings to work with (system voltages and DRAM timings, both base and advanced) but initially can try raising the DRAM voltage to 1.55 and the VCCIO to 1.17 to try. Can try and be more precise with the actual settings from BIOS, CPU-Z is generally real close but not always accurate and doesn't provide near enough info

Tman

Comment

Bios

Here are images from my bios. Had to take photos as EVGA doesn't had a screenshot capture. Any help would be great. Thanks

Comment

Ok, let's try tFAW to 27, tWR to 16, tRFC to 228, DRAM voltage to 1.55, VCCIO to 1.2 and VSA to 1.125 (on the voltage want as close as you can get), and let me know if it works or what it does

Tman

Comment

Set tRFC higher, nearer 300

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Still not working

Thank you for the suggestions. However, it still won't run at 1866MHz using the suggested timings. I am going to run memtest to see if there is any issue with the memory.

Comment

Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Why do none of the 1.5 or less volt memory run at better than 1866MHz, no matter what voltage you set?

Comment

Simple answer is they do. There are sets up to 2133 that run fine at 1.5, with two caveats, either the BIOS has to be prepared for the sticks or the user has the skill to set them up. The first, the BIOS is the most important, most all of the mobo makers claim to adhere to XMP, yet they haven't put the time into the BIOS for it to work, once the mobo is released, there are on-going BIOS updates and most everyone will have numerous DRAM updates pertaining to XMP though they are seldom to ever mentioned. They print off a QVL of DRAM they have 'tested', but don't really come out and say they 'tested' at the mobos default of 1333 or 1600, not at the DRAM rated freq or under XMP - this way they leave the onus of support to the DRAM makers, when in reality I find it as the fault of the mobo maker - if they are going to advertise their mobo as running say 2400 then they should be made to ensure that YES it will run 2400, yet they don't. Might look at my info thread here on QVL Lists:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X